COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Idol rappers that would do well in Show Me The Money! (2 Viewers)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Alright give me your favorite rappers and than I'll shoot down their chanced of ever appearing on a rap show
Honestly... currently the only idols that come to mind are Castle J, I.M and... Woojin
Prove me wrong tho, remind me of some rappers that actually rap!

Good luck to your idols
Please don't say idols that have participated like
Mino/Bobby/BI/Jooheon and Vernon

(Female rappers will be judged for Unpretty Rapstar so no Soyeon or Jessi)​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
Bang Yongguk
Zico
3racha
DPR Live
beWhy

but I haven´t checked if they had already participated.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Bang Yongguk
Zico
3racha
DPR Live
beWhy

changbin got onto smtm but he didn't get very far

and bewhy won smtm didn't he?

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Bang Yongguk
Zico
3racha
DPR Live
beWhy

Yongguk would probably do well as he is similar to Woo Wonjae who was 3rd place once. Not sure how he'd fit in the diss battle tho since he's such a nice guy bhahaha.

Zico was a judge multiple times :haylul:
3racha... hmm... I don't know really. I only see Changbin going through the initial round and his husky voice might carry him further too. The other 2 just wouldn't fit with the tone of most songs and generally are ok rappers, ideal for being idols.
DPR... A person once mentioned that Live is a studio rapper and I stand by that, he makes good songs that are vibey in his own way but he wouldn't do well in battle raps or diss rapping.

BeWhy won SMTM5 :haylul:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship

Oh I didn't know Changbin was on... and yes BeWhy won. I didn't watch SMTM9 that's why.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG

look ..... I´ve tried ok. didn´t want to leave a thead unasnwered as I´m waiting for my card. .... I´m that simple :D no deep contributions :D.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
look ..... I´ve tried ok. didn´t want to leave a thead unasnwered as I´m waiting for my card. .... I´m that simple :D no deep contributions :D.
Fair enough :haylul:

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I wish Jooheon could go on again because I think he's improved a lot since his first appearance that was literally in 2015

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I wish Jooheon could go on again because I think he's improved a lot since his first appearance that was literally in 2015
even if he isn't the best rapper i think jooheon's presence on stage is really amazing :pepeheart:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Agreed, and they hated his guts when he was on at first but he impressed all the judges in the initial phases. He lost to a nobody... for no real reason? but yea he'd do so much better now but he's popular now so he probably never will.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
But in reality I think that no matter how good a rapper was if they were an idol rapper they’d lose just because of the bias there is against idol rappers.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
But in reality I think that no matter how good a rapper was if they were an idol rapper they’d lose just because of the bias there is against idol rappers.
Bobby won tho, Mino came second and Bigone (Daeil) also did good. They were all known idols too but their skill won them the day in the end so I do think they can do it.

Zico is also one of the judges and so is Jay Park so I like to think that despite the prejudice they can win or get through if they do well enough.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Bobby won tho, Mino came second and Bigone (Daeil) also did good. They were all known idols too but their skill won them the day in the end so I do think they can do it.

Zico is also one of the judges and so is Jay Park so I like to think that despite the prejudice they can win or get through if they do well enough.
There’s exceptions ofc, but I think it’s harder for them to do well than it would for a non idol. Iirc Ravi got a fail before he had a chance to even start his rap.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I definitely agree on Castle J, I love his raps in MCND.

I really wanna hear Wow rap more, in A.C.E he just occasionally gets a chance to have a rap part or two but thats barely it, I'd like to see what he'd do on a show like SMTM.

As for female idol rappers, Jiwoo originally only trained for rapping but in KARD she obviously got to sing much more and the few rap parts she has gotten were okay, so I'd really like to see the same with her as with Wow, how they would do if they don't have many limitations to their rapping.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I forgot Hanse. Hanse would be great for SMTM honestly. Not sure if they'd judge him well but I think he could do well.

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I forgot Hanse. Hanse would be great for SMTM honestly. Not sure if they'd judge him well but I think he could do well.
I agree after seeing their recent releases this year, he impressed me a lot in just the two songs I've heard from VICTON.:sanapray:

I feel like I had no idea VICTON had a good rapper until this year, like I never noticed :/

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I agree after seeing their recent releases this year, he impressed me a lot in just the two songs I've heard from VICTON.:sanapray:

I feel like I had no idea VICTON had a good rapper until this year, like I never noticed :/
I have to agree. I don't remember his previous raps in their slowers songs. I first noticed his rap in Howling but I didn't think much of it. Only later was I like... wait, Hanse is a god and that piercing :sj_weary:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread