Appreciation If I was called Eduardo instead (1 Viewer)

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
My life could be different... or NOT.
I was called Eduardo at school, by this lass I had a massive crush on.
But she was so forward and I was shy as hell back then.

She said it was sexy then I said I was sexy. *Shrugs*

Oh to be in high school again to re meet all the sheilas I knew.
Nowadays they all have kids and then there is me.

Edward. lol

the point to this story is. Do you think your life could be different if your name was changed in a slight or massive way?
we all have that dream, don't say you don't... Because I won't believe it ;___:

Note: also to add you'd be a different person as well. Otherwise this won't mean jack all.

@kinnie @Bookworm @DrewB
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well if my dad herd the right gender I was born I would have been named Michael Scott after my deceased uncle. Oh no, I'm not a boy, I am a girl. Yes he wanted to name his girl Michael Scott. Instead he got piss drunk and named his little "boy" AprilMay.

Would my life be differnt if my name wasn't AprilMay? Well for one I'd have a more normal name and what fun would that would be. To be honest I don't think much would have been different. I'd still be confirming, yes that's my name. I'd still be correcting everyones spelling of it.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
eduardo is a lovely name.

my mother actually wanted to name her child aurelia before someone in the family decided to name his daughter that while my mom was pregnant with me. then she was thinking of maya and jessica which got turned down by my grandma on my father's side ( super ridicoulus).

I think nowaday I cam pretty happy with Jennifer/Jen eventho it's hella basic.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have an English name... Maybe people wouldn't mess it up so much. I can understand that some people can't pronounce it which is why they say a slightly different version that's easier to pronounce and I'm okay with that. I guess, even if I know it's not their fault, there is just a little bit of hurt there as well.

And it feels even worse sometimes when I realise it's not going to help when I'm applying for jobs at all. They could make assumptions based on my name or even overlook my application for someone elses. It may seem far fetched but i've been discrimated because of my name before as well as heard about discrimantion during job applications as well.

I still love my name though. I think it's pretty~
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have an English name... Maybe people wouldn't mess it up so much. I can understand that some people can't pronounce it which is why they say a slightly different version that's easier to pronounce and I'm okay with that. I guess, even if I know it's not their fault, there is just a little bit of hurt there as well.

And it feels even worse sometimes when I realise it's not going to help when I'm applying for jobs at all. They could make assumptions based on my name or even overlook my application for someone elses. It may seem far fetched but i've been discrimated because of my name before as well as heard about discrimantion during job applications as well.

I still love my name though. I think it's pretty~
your name is for sure pretty ( and I think I told you before that my aunt has basically the same name)
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
your name is for sure pretty ( and I think I told you before that my aunt has basically the same name)
Thank you Jen :nekolove:
Yeah you did lmao. It's the first thing you said when I told you :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Thank you Jen :nekolove:
Yeah you did lmao. It's the first thing you said when I told you :haylul:
btw. it means something like light in russian so it is fitting to you too :haylul:
 
  • Love
Reactions: potato

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: potato

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: potato

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I wouldn't have been called "Man"kenzie but looking back it's pretty funny.
I wasn't the most attractive during my puberty days. Even sp, those guys were
jerks and I low-key had a crush on one of them. :X
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
I like Edward MUCH better than eduardo. It sounds so classy and cultured, eduardo sounds like the dude across the street
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I would have been named Yihwan/Juan if I was a boy. Good lord. I would have been such a different person. I would act like my dad tbh.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread