If you've ever been to a wedding as a guest... (6 Viewers)

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,623
Reactions Received
18,286
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,373
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Do you notice/remember small details like what the colors were or whether the floral arrangements were real or fake?
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,623
Reactions Received
18,286
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,373
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I saw this question on reddit, and I remember whoever my friends/family member was in the wedding party and talking to the other guests, and maybe some specific details if something has been done to make them sticky in my mind for some reason* but I couldn't tell you what kind of chairs they used or what the flowers were or if there was a specific wedding color theme. This is true even for weddings where I have actually helped set up and tear down the venue. :haylul:


*Like one wedding, the wedding party was over two hours late to the reception and the only food that was provided was Chex mix. I also know my cousin's wedding had comfort food, but that's more because I remember talking to him about how excited he was to pick out the food; I don't recall what was actually provided.
 
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,621
Reactions Received
55,452
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
285,711
nope but then again I'm a dude lol

for most people one doesn't really pick up on the little things that one doesn't even blink an eye (now it could also be that one noticed in that moment to be polite - like oh I love your flower arrangements and your custom names etc etc but it just wasn't memorable enough to be remembered)

what most people remember are the little issues that caused problems like the lack of a kids option if kids were invited or if the food was subpar or there was a big break between activities or the speeches went way too long

the other thing I remember are the weddings were things were done very differently from the "norm". I remember at a weddding bride and groom were massive pokemon fans so instead of a toss the bouquet of flowers they tossed a box of pokemon cards lol which was pretty memorable
 

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,623
Reactions Received
18,286
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,373
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
what most people remember are the little issues that caused problems like the lack of a kids option if kids were invited or if the food was subpar or there was a big break between activities or the speeches went way too long
Right, I'm 100% sure that's the only reason why I remember the Chex mix "appetizer" so well at the one wedding lol. :haylul: It would have just been part of the background if the wedding party had arrived and had food served on time.

I'm sure the food was perfectly serviceable, both at that wedding and all the others I've been to, but not so terrible or wonderful to make the specifics stay in my brain.

the other thing I remember are the weddings were things were done very differently from the "norm". I remember at a weddding bride and groom were massive pokemon fans so instead of a toss the bouquet of flowers they tossed a box of pokemon cards lol which was pretty memorable
That's cool as hell!! Details like that are nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,621
Reactions Received
55,452
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
285,711
Right, I'm 100% sure that's the only reason why I remember the Chex mix "appetizer" so well at the one wedding lol. :haylul: It would have just been part of the background if the wedding party had arrived and had food served on time.

I'm sure the food was perfectly serviceable, both at that wedding and all the others I've been to, but not so terrible or wonderful to make the specifics stay in my brain.


That's cool as hell!! Details like that are nice.
that's because things that are different stand out so they get ingrained to your brain - like my pokemon card bouquet example - I cannot remember what food they served since it probably wasn't that memorable (it doesn't mean it was "good" but just didn't stand out from the norm)

and I'm on reddit as well so occasionally reading the disastrous wedding stories I'm glad that I've never been to one of those
 
  • Like
Reactions: centen

HugeBakkaeMotae

'𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒' 𝐻𝓌𝒶𝓃𝑔 𝒴𝑒𝒿𝒾
.
Joined
4 January 2026
Messages
1,228
Reactions Received
1,686
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,897
Fandom
Multi Stan
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Konungr
I've only ever been to one wedding almost 30 years ago and I can't say I was paying attention to the flowers as much as waiting for when I get to throw rice at the groom. I don't think I would have payed much attention today either, though. I might notice but it would have exactly 0 meaning.
 
  • Like
Reactions: centen

centen

.
.
.
Joined
5 January 2023
Messages
17,623
Reactions Received
18,286
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,373
Fandom
Neverland
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I've only ever been to one wedding almost 30 years ago and I can't say I was paying attention to the flowers as much as waiting for when I get to throw rice at the groom. I don't think I would have payed much attention today either, though. I might notice but it would have exactly 0 meaning.
Right, it's like a quick "oh that's nice" and that's only a maybe if it happens to be particularly noteworthy. :haylul:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread