I’m annoyed (vent thread) (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
37
Reactions Received
41
Location
An alt
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
My math teacher doesn’t know what he’s doing. He passed out a mathsheet to everybody and we got to this certain point. My friend and I figured it out but my other friends got different answers so I went up to ask him who was correct. The question is simple and literally money with percentages.

A case of glasses sold for $17.85 that is marked up 110 %. What is the original price?

I got the answer 16.23 by putting it over proportions, like this:
100 N
—— = ———
110 17.85
1785 = 110n

and I divided 1785 by 110 then rounded to the nearest hundredth.
He did this

17.85 divided by 210 = .085 then times by 100 to get 8.50, but he found the sale price. In the formula he used, it said sale price but when I asked him about it he talked to me like I was a child and stupid.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
A case of glasses sold for $17.85 that is marked up 110 %. What is the original price?

I got the answer 16.23 by putting it over proportions, like this:
100 N
—— = ———
110 17.85
1785 = 110n

and I divided 1785 by 110 then rounded to the nearest hundredth.
He did this

17.85 divided by 210 = .085 then times by 100 to get 8.50, but he found the sale price.
What the heck? Did he not read it said 110%? Where did he take 210% from? He needs those pair of glasses desperately.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Chungha
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
37
Reactions Received
41
Location
An alt
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
What the heck? Did he not read it said 110%? Where did he take 210% from? He needs those pair of glasses desperately.
I don’t know where he got that from, he never said when I asked him. There’s no way he can get 210 from anything in the original question. He added 100+110 together but nobody knows where the other 100 came from and he can’t explain it himself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I don’t know where he got that from, he never said when I asked him. There’s no way he can get 210 from anything in the original question. He added 100+110 together but nobody knows where the other 100 came from and he can’t explain it himself.
Ohh, I think he is misinterpreting what the problem is asking for. I understand 100% the original price is exactly the original price; so 110% is the original price plus 10% more (100+10). He is apparently interpreting it as asking for 110% above the original price, thus the 100+110. I don't think that's what the problem is asking for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Chungha

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,036
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,954
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
What a creepoid. He doesn't help explain why he did the question properly and is also a horn dog. Gross af. He should be reported for that.

I am sorry you had to go through this :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Chungha

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
eww
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chungha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread