I'm losing interest in Kpop (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Ok, so what I have noticed in these last few months or so, is that other than the groups/soloists I love which are Dreamcatcher, Gfriend, (G)I-DLE, Younha and Sunmi, I'm not really interested in any other groups or artists. I mean, yes, I like other groups and like to listen to certain songs of certain groups, but other than the artists I have mentioned, I'm not interested in Kpop and it feels that the only reason why I am still involved in kpop is because of these 5 artists.

Oh My Girl was in with the artists I love, but I have grown out of love for them and just like them.
I was hoping I would get into Ateez but I only love one song and although I like N.Flying and like a good amount of songs by them, I don't love them and I don't really care for them.

For Girls' Day, I just love listening to their music and will always carry on to do so.

I was hoping to get into Loona and although I love their concept, I just can't find myself to get into their music.

For Red Velvet, there are songs I love but also songs I don't and since they have such a big discography and is on my spotify playlist, it's hard to search for the good songs lol

For Blackpink, well the comeback today was what made me realise that I haven't really been over the moon with that many comebacks from many groups lately and I don't get excited as I used to do.

I also feel that I'm getting more into Japanese music again, especially with BAND-MAID, PassCode, Aimer, etc.

There's also the fact that everywhere I look, I see toxic kpop fans and there are always fanwars, malicious and disgusting comments to the idols and it's pretty off-putting.

I think that for me, I'm not actually going to be a fan of kpop anymore, yet still support the current groups and soloists I love. The only thing is, I am on a kpop forum and that is hard to not know about the kpop world since it's always in front of me lol

Anyway, thanks for reading :haylul:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
so your just not a multi fan anymore..
as there is alot people who only stan 1 or 2 groups

and if you ever fall out of kpop completely not end of the world
just a style of music at the end of the day
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
ngl western artists have a lot of good songs on their rosters that are levels ahead from any kpop song to ever come out so i see where you're coming from.

I've moved past the honeymoon phase of kpop as well, and it kinda sucks tbh. like even though I say that i stan four groups, I really only keep up with bp. i mean i didn't even see the irene and seulgi subunit teaser until recently. thats just an example but I'm very tempted to just say that I stan bp and am casual listeners of a few other groups.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Yeah kinda the same for me.

April and CLC will be nugus forever (April did increase sales slightly though).

Fromis_9 is in still in the punishment dungeon.

So there's only G-idle, Itzy and Gfriend for me, and Gfriend will probably move on to other stuff soon.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
same I guess. I mean, I don't really think much of it, it's not a big deal... but yeah, I have so many issues with kpop and sometimes some things even annoy me, but I try to just take what I like from it and not pay too much attention to the rest..
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
After over 6 years of following Kpop, I really only now focus on my faves, which I love (I have a number of faves, shown at the top of my sig. The ones at the bottom are those I'm very interested in but don't quite "stan").

I certainly pay attention to other groups if I like their latest comeback song, however, I move on very quickly. It's hard for me to become a new stan of any group now. I was a stan of loads of groups when I first got into Kpop, but most have now disbanded. Such as f(x), 4Minute, After School, Spica etc.

Recently, I've been thinking about what happens when my current faves disband. I'll try to still follow them to their new ventures if I can, but who knows.

But then saying all that, EVERGLOW is kind of new group that I fell for instantly like my other faves. So perhaps in the future there will be other groups that debut that do catch my attention again for me to stan.
 
Joined
23 February 2019
Messages
186
Reactions Received
552
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I really only follow one group and that's (G)I-dle.
Through them I got to listen to others and I liked many songs and many members of other girl groups, but never to the extent I like every member of (G)I-DLE.

I sometimes am disappointed in them, but overall I just like all their personalities and their dynamic with each other.

Blackpink has some great songs, but their last songs were just reproductions or were weak in some parts. Also I get the feeling of unearned privileges from them. Twice feels a bit reproductive, too. OhmyGirl Nonstop is a great song and they rocked Queendom, but overall there is a small thing missing for me. Fromis_9 was my second favorite for a while, but they are in a dungeon now. CLC has many members I like, but I don't like all of them and their songs always feel like a bit is missing (exceptions black dress and hobgoblin). In AOA I like all the members, but the music and their voices are missing some highlights for me to stan. In Gfriend I like two members and a few songs, but all of them together seem to distant to get warm to all of them.

They are all great groups and I am curious of their new songs, but none of them lets me get truly enthusiastic for every comeback over a longer time except (G)I-dle.

This post is just my perspective and I don't want to cause any hate. It's jsut my taste, nothing else, and I like every mentioned girl group.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Well, then welcome back to the Japanese music world. As you (possibly) already know, I am almost completely listening to Japanese music now. I'm essentially following Japanese groups only, aside from Dreamcatcher, Bursters, and Messgram. I hardly connected with kpop at all and all the groups I was a fan of aside from Dreamcatcher slipped away. TBH I somehow was always afraid that to happen with Dreamcatcher too. Dreamcatcher has not completely slipped away yet, and I notice I'm slowly returning to them. I don't expect things to be like they once were though.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly same. I just have been way to focused on other kinds of music
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread