I'm So Fucking Anal About Math (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'm in school right now and one of my classes is a math one.
I LOVE math ok?
Therefore when it comes to percentages my favorite thing to fucking do is cross multiply with fractions to solve for X.

BUT they are trying to teach me a different way of doing it and I hate it.
I'm so used to the way I do it.

:jenniecry: :jenniecry: :jenniecry:​
 

Harmony_Starz

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇.✧.𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈 ✶࿐
.
.
Joined
24 September 2023
Messages
33,811
Reactions Received
47,939
Location
.With Moguri, Cowie and Trinny<3🐇🐈🦢
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,168
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Phoenix
Ship
Wreck
I despise that :firecat: if u can solve it one way, WHO ARE THEY TO SAY NO :pandamad:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I despise that :firecat: if u can solve it one way, WHO ARE THEY TO SAY NO :pandamad:
MY POINT EXACTLY. I'm old I can't relearn how to do math when my way works AND WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT ANYWAY!?!?!
:pepenani::pepenani::pepenani:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Also, as a result, they want me to memorize 3 different forumulas. When I could just use ONE formula to answer any of these damn questions.

:jenniecry: :jenniecry: :jenniecry:
 

Harmony_Starz

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇.✧.𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈 ✶࿐
.
.
Joined
24 September 2023
Messages
33,811
Reactions Received
47,939
Location
.With Moguri, Cowie and Trinny<3🐇🐈🦢
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,168
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Phoenix
Ship
Wreck
Also, as a result, they want me to memorize 3 different forumulas. When I could just use ONE formula to answer any of these damn questions.

:jenniecry: :jenniecry: :jenniecry:
SO DAMN SENSELESS :shake:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck

Harmony_Starz

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇.✧.𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈 ✶࿐
.
.
Joined
24 September 2023
Messages
33,811
Reactions Received
47,939
Location
.With Moguri, Cowie and Trinny<3🐇🐈🦢
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,168
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Phoenix
Ship
Wreck
I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES HOW INSANE THIS IS!

(I love percentages in math and this is so annoying).
I LOVE DOING CERTAIN THINGS IN MATH A CERTAIN WAY BUT OTHERS WANT ME TO DO IT THE 'CORRECT' AND 'BETTER' WAY WHEN I FIND MY WAY TO BE FASTER AND EASIER FOR ME TO USE :pandamad:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,081
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,408
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I struggle with math so that would drive me absolutely insane. If you know how to do it one way why not just do it that way the whole time. Why learn a different way if it gets you the same answer regardless
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I LOVE DOING CERTAIN THINGS IN MATH A CERTAIN WAY BUT OTHERS WANT ME TO DO IT THE 'CORRECT' AND 'BETTER' WAY WHEN I FIND MY WAY TO BE FASTER AND EASIER FOR ME TO USE :pandamad:
Look I adore math but literally THIS! If the way we do it SOLVES it why is it an ISSUE!?!?!

They wanted me to figure out how much sales were done if they had increased by 40% from 300,000 the year before.

I literally just made it X/300,000 = 40/100 got 40x=12,000,000 then divided by 40 on both sides to get 120,000 then just added that to 300,000.

They wanted me to turn 40% into a mixed decimal so 1.4 then times that by 300,000. It seems simpler in theory but it just seems annoying to have to convert everything to decimals to solve it when I can use fractions and cross multiplication while solving for X.

I don't want to have to convert and know the proper formula between P=RxB or B=P/R or R=P/B.
 

Harmony_Starz

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇.✧.𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈 ✶࿐
.
.
Joined
24 September 2023
Messages
33,811
Reactions Received
47,939
Location
.With Moguri, Cowie and Trinny<3🐇🐈🦢
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,168
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Phoenix
Ship
Wreck
Look I adore math but literally THIS! If the way we do it SOLVES it why is it an ISSUE!?!?!

They wanted me to figure out how much sales were done if they had increased by 40% from 300,000 the year before.

I literally just made it X/300,000 = 40/100 got 40x=12,000,000 then divided by 40 on both sides to get 120,000 then just added that to 300,000.

They wanted me to turn 40% into a mixed decimal so 1.4 then times that by 300,000. It seems simpler in theory but it just seems annoying to have to convert everything to decimals to solve it when I can use fractions and cross multiplication while solving for X.

I don't want to have to convert and know the proper formula between P=RxB or B=P/R or R=P/B.
I can totally understand that, I'm not stupid :runrunrun:

People think their way is the better way, just leave us all alone :ilovebread:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I can totally understand that, I'm not stupid :runrunrun:

People think their way is the better way, just leave us all alone :ilovebread:
You're all good. I enjoy math a little too much.
:haylul: :haylul:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I struggle with math so that would drive me absolutely insane. If you know how to do it one way why not just do it that way the whole time. Why learn a different way if it gets you the same answer regardless
This is how I feel. Though I come from a place of enjoying math a lot.
:sanapray::sanapray:
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,461
Reactions Received
39,089
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,782
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I once got a zero on a final question worth ten points because we were supposed to solve it with matrices but i did it by dividing by a common denominator. I was so mad. the damn answer was right, who cares how I got it¡!!!!!!!! :nobully:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Look I adore math but literally THIS! If the way we do it SOLVES it why is it an ISSUE!?!?!

They wanted me to figure out how much sales were done if they had increased by 40% from 300,000 the year before.

I literally just made it X/300,000 = 40/100 got 40x=12,000,000 then divided by 40 on both sides to get 120,000 then just added that to 300,000.

They wanted me to turn 40% into a mixed decimal so 1.4 then times that by 300,000. It seems simpler in theory but it just seems annoying to have to convert everything to decimals to solve it when I can use fractions and cross multiplication while solving for X.

I don't want to have to convert and know the proper formula between P=RxB or B=P/R or R=P/B.
It’s kind of wild because I don’t think I’ve ever used fractions to solve for percentages. It just seems like so much extra work :coronawimwim: But I do understand being used to one method and feeling like the other method is annoying because you’re used to the one you use already. I do have to say though that once you learn this method you may find yourself using for daily tasks just because it’s easier to do with no pen and paper handy because it’s just normal multiplication, any phone can do it in a second for you. Or maybe you won’t, but I can see it being possible
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I once got a zero on a final question worth ten points because we were supposed to solve it with matrices but i did it by dividing by a common denominator. I was so mad. the damn answer was right, who cares how I got it¡!!!!!!!! :nobully:
Devils advocate but maybe it has to do with progression? Idk the context of what you were learning but if it’s a lead up to something using matrices that you can’t do with common denominators, will the method you use advance your ability to understand the basic information needed for the future stuff? But that does depend on the class and what you learn in the next class and such
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread