I'm starting to lose interest in Dreamcatcher... (2 Viewers)

Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly, it hasn't just happened and I have been losing it over time really.
However, the tracklist for the new Japanese album has really confirmed how I think Dreamcatcher has been on a downward spiral for me.
I guess it started with PIRI though, although I liked that MV and is Dreamcatcher's most popular title track to date, I have felt like from PIRI, they have kinda gone downhill.

I have also noticed that maybe D1CE have taken more of the companies time and efforts? After all, they are a new group so it's understandable to want to try and get them off to a good start, but it seems they are becoming lazy with Dreamcatcher.

Let me tell you why I am officially pissed off with the latest Japanese tracks. There are meant to be 12 tracks on the album, 2 of those tracks are the Intro and Outro, 1 of those tracks is already a repeat original, 7 tracks are Japanese versions of their Korean tracks and just 2 tracks are actually originals!

TRACKLIST:
M1 INTRO 
M2 Breaking Out
M3 My Way~この道の先へ~
M4 Chase Me-Japanese ver.-
M5 GOOD NIGHT-Japanese ver.-
M6 Wonderland-Japanese ver.-
M7 PIRI~笛を吹け~-Japanese ver.-
M8 What-Japanese ver.-
M9 I Miss You
M10 また一人になった-Japanese ver.-
M11 YOU AND I-Japanese ver.-
M12 OUTRO

I understand that they have been giving us the special clips of them singing covers and doing dance covers, but these special clips are just cover songs.

To me, the company has gotten so lazy with Dreamcatcher and although I still love them, there will be a time and place where I will have to stop stanning them altogether if they carry on in this direction.

Does anyone else have the same concerns as me?
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
When K-pop groups release Japanese versions of their Korean releases via an album for the Japanese market, I don't care at all. It introduces the Japanese to the group's past work and could help build a fandom easier.

I don't associate any debut/comeback in Japan as anything to do with activities in Korea/K-Pop. The two are entirely separate to me.

However, I really like original Japanese releases though (For example, SNSD and Twice's original Japanese releases are great. I also loved RV's releases).
So if I like the group I'll certainly watch the new Japanese MV's and DL the digital song/s etc.

As long as the next time the group makes a comeback in Korea with new content, everything is fine. I don't even mind their original Japanese songs being made into a Korean version for their new album (as long as there is new Korean material).

I don't purchase any Japanese physical CD's. Never will. It's technically J-pop, even if it's from my faves. I'm a K-pop fan and that's what I focus on.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly, I feel like some companies nowadays debut groups in Japan for the sake of it. Sure introduce the Japanese audience with a few translated songs, but then you need original songs because otherwise you might as well release the Korean and Japanese versions of songs on one album. Like I said in the thread earlier, EXO-CBX have 17 Japanese songs, but only one of those is a re-make from a Korean song (Hey Mama)
If a group is going to debut in Japan, be prepared to do some original work so it’s worth it to fans.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
same. I really love the girls but sometimes you have enough of bs.
I don't mind having like 3 japaneses versions of previous releases but a whole album of just that is disappointing.
Look at Red Velvet's Japanese releases so far. They have done a good mix of some new material and japanese versions of previous songs.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I wouldn't really look too much into Japanese releases, Oh My Girl have released 3 Japanese albums and only have 2 original songs to show for it but you really shouldn't expect too much from them cause Japanese promotions are really where the business aspect comes into play and albums get stuffed with Japanese versions of Korean songs. Even Mamamoo for example just released their 1st full Japanese album and they already released two singles with 1 original song on each of them but the full has 0 original songs so it happens.

As for Piri honestly I thought it was their weakest title track so far.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Honestly, I feel like some companies nowadays debut groups in Japan for the sake of it. Sure introduce the Japanese audience with a few translated songs, but then you need original songs because otherwise you might as well release the Korean and Japanese versions of songs on one album. Like I said in the thread earlier, EXO-CBX have 17 Japanese songs, but only one of those is a re-make from a Korean song (Hey Mama)
If a group is going to debut in Japan, be prepared to do some original work so it’s worth it to fans.
that's what I have been feeling too. Japan is easy money after all. Idols also earn much more from overseas stuff.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I haven't talked about Piri yet. So here is my opinion.

When it was released I loved it. If you look more into it, Piri is quite the odd song. It just doesn't fit the whole story of Nightmares that Dreamcatcher has been putting out since debut. It's supposed to be the end, yet it felt empty. The MV also just doesn't fit into what DC has already offered us. Again. It's the end of this nightmare era, so you would think that the horror concept, certain themes will be picked up again but that doesn't happen.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
When K-pop groups release Japanese versions of their Korean releases via an album for the Japanese market, I don't care at all. It introduces the Japanese to the group's past work and could help build a fandom easier.

I don't associate any debut/comeback in Japan as anything to do with activities in Korea/K-Pop. The two are entirely separate to me.

However, I really like original Japanese releases though (For example, SNSD and Twice's original Japanese releases are great. I also loved RV's releases).
So if I like the group I'll certainly watch the new Japanese MV's and DL the digital song/s etc.

As long as the next time the group makes a comeback in Korea with new content, everything is fine. I don't even mind their original Japanese songs being made into a Korean version for their new album (as long as there is new Korean material).

I don't purchase any Japanese physical CD's. Never will. It's technically J-pop, even if it's from my faves. I'm a K-pop fan and that's what I focus on.
I can understand that.
I think we'll have to see what they release in their Korean comebacks first. I'm just disappointed that I was so anticipating their Japanese full album debut and they gave us this?
It's really disappointing to say the least.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I haven't talked about Piri yet. So here is my opinion.

When it was released I loved it. If you look more into it, Piri is quite the odd song. It just doesn't fit the whole story of Nightmares that Dreamcatcher has been putting out since debut. It's supposed to be the end, yet it felt empty. The MV also just doesn't fit into what DC has already offered us. Again. It's the end of this nightmare era, so you would think that the horror concept, certain themes will be picked up again but that doesn't happen.
This is kind of like how I felt, I also loved it at first, but then with a few more listens, not so much.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't particularly look forwards to Japanese albums for that exact reason, I feel lije a lot if companies do that because the goal isnt to create new music but solidify their popularity in Japan, I think that its pretty likely most Korean fans don't follow the jpop releases much or at all.

As for Piri I love it, I liked their old songs too but Piri just seems more complete and unique, while still keeping the Dreamcatcher vibe, so as far as that goes I still love their music.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Dreamcatcher are still being given more effort from HF than Blackpink are from YG, and BP are YG's biggest money makers. But BP's Japanese promotions consists of Japanese remakes of their Korean songs that get repacked about 5 times...... So at least Dreamcatcher are getting some original Japanese songs.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Dreamcatcher are still being given more effort from HF than Blackpink are from YG, and BP are YG's biggest money makers. But BP's Japanese promotions consists of Japanese remakes of their Korean songs that get repacked about 5 times......
Probably was YG that started it when the company started getting lazy :joshmeh:
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Probably was YG that started it when the company started getting lazy :joshmeh:
I miss the old days of Japanese releases. Because SJJD's discography is among the best (of Korean & Japanese discographies)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread