In your opinion? (1 Viewer)

Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For Dreamcatcher to be really successful, do you think they should go back to their original hard rock sound or keep doing songs like Piri and Dejavu?

I know that the Korean population would Probably prefer if they went the route they are going now, but I think if they did stay on the route they are going now, they will eventually lose their original sound and that will also make them lose a lot of their original fan base.

What do you think?
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For Dreamcatcher to be really successful, do you think they should go back to their original hard rock sound or keep doing songs like Piri and Dejavu?

I know that the Korean population would Probably prefer if they went the route they are going now, but I think if they did stay on the route they are going now, they will eventually lose their original sound and that will also make them lose a lot of their original fan base.

What do you think?
Dreamcatcher just doesn't have that Korean sound that catches Koreans. Like seriously even with talent it's hard to make Koreans catch on. I think there is nothing wrong if Dreamcatcher decides to do either or. Now if they started to do what Koreans like maybe they would catch on but then they would sound like so many. TBH they sound like a Japanese group over a Korean.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
This is indeed a dilemma. Most groups who grew a fanbase with a very specific style tend to lose fans when they make a drastic change but if they keep the same sound and concept people would demonize them for doing so. We have very famous examples on those groups that "always sound the same".
I think they could grow in an organic way by experimenting with their own sound so, it wouldn't be too different from what they usually do.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
Dreamcatcher would be better sticking to what grows and sustains their fanbase, they are unlikely to ever get a big hit in Korea because rock is virtually dead in Korea so the changes they'd have to do to chase after a big hit would definitely be far from what got their fanbase. Keeping all that in mind, the safer bet for them is going the route Oh My Girl have and just grow over the years from being consistent since going for a hit is just too far away from what got them this far.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I hope they will stay true to themselves.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think both will have their dangers, I dont really see them becoming big after changing their sound, but I think in Korea they won't be big if they continue their current rock sound. That being said, I think Piri is still quite rocky, Deja Vu less so, but experimenting in the rock genre might be good for them.
 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
If I'm honest, I think they should go all out on their original sound and grow their fandom overseas and just hope for that first win in Korea!
I think that is how they are going to make it as a rock-type K-pop group.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread