COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Infinite-New Challenge Review (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So coming into this I know only one song, Man In Love. Otherwise this is all new to me :sanapray:

Welcome to Our Dream- Why does this give me Christmas vibes. It sounds like a soundtrack from a Christmas movie straight up. :wimwim:
It's okay I guess, I just can't stop picturing sleigh bells and snow. I find intros to be kind of useless most of the time so I didn't exactly have expectations for it to begin with, nor will I count it in my rankings.

Man In Love- Man in Love is the one song I'm familiar with from this album and I find it to be quite underrated. It has a repetitive but enjoyable instrumental, but it doesn't carry the song. The individual members sound solid, and the transitions between them aren't jarring like I've noticed in some songs. The last chorus also adds a nice punch and twist on the original. Overall I suppose I can see why this song wouldn't be as loved as some of their other title tracks, but I think it's a safe but solid song. I would say one critique I have would be sometimes the instrumental feels just a bit loud for the vocals, but it isn't major. 7.5/10

As Good As It Gets- This feels very reminiscent of Man In Love? I suppose it's likely the style that was common back then. The chorus and instrumental are fun. Again, the transitions are pretty good, I don't know why I'm noticing that so much with them but it's really sticking out. One surprise for me is that I like the rap parts. I'm not a fan of rap most of the time but the instrumental and background vocals add to it to make them feel natural, rather than a forced rap break that is common in kpop. I'm definitely jamming with this song. 8.5/10

Still I Miss You- Same style but ballad now. I hate ballads almost all the time, and this is no exception. It has some strong vocals, but they don't save the song. It's so sweet and mellow and meh. :jisoosmh: 5/10 because vocals.

Beautiful- These songs are starting to sound a bit samey. They feel like they use the same structure, just with different instrumentals and melodies. If it works for them that's fine, but listening to it in a row feels a bit more tiring. It doesn't make this song in particular a bad one. It has a pretty pleasing chorus and I enjoy the instrumental again. I am also happy they didn't add in a rap part where it wasn't needed. I also like the ad libs in the last chorus, and how simple but effective the short silence in instrumental was. It's a commonly used method to add an extra emphasis to the last part of the song, and in this case it worked well. I liked this song overall. 7.5/10

60sec- The chorus here is definitely more epic than in the other songs. I'm not sure it fits the vibe of the song though, without knowing lyrics it seems out of place. That may be different if I was familiar with the lyrics but I'm not. The verses are pretty mellow, pretty similar to the other songs. I don't have as much to say because it feels like I've said it before to be honest. The rap break felt like it didn't flow as well as the other songs too. I'd say that I liked the parts individually, but not together. 5/10

Inconvenient Truth- To be honest I was confused where the chorus was the first time I listened to it. I don't think it differentiated it enough from the rest of the song to make it very memorable. The song itself didn't feel like it went much of anywhere, and the fade out at the end didn't help matters either. 6/10

Overall: 6.6

Thanks for reading! :pikahappy:

@Lovely_Cornchips

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
wait you are actually reviewing them kind of :bigcatclap: i haven't even listened to that the boyz album yet LMAO

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'll let you know which songs are worth listening to, just wait for my review :sippinthetea:
i look forward to it, i'm quite curious bc i've only listened to two of those songs LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread