insecurity and all that jazz (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
today I like to talk about insecurities.
I am personally someone who used to have a lot of those and it really wasn’t serving me any good and caused me troubles.
I really want to get better so I am trying to practice more mindfulness and grounding myself for my own good.

what are your thoughts about this topic ?​
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
good for you for working on yourself <3

I have many insecurities that torture me and make me live in fear of others discovering them or pointing them out.... some of them I can't even speak of.. but I hope that someday I will be able to be comfortable with myself somehow and have enough confidence not to let others abuse me..
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I have many insecurities too and times when I am strong enough to work on them or times when I'm overwhelmed and just take a step back. I don't practice mindfulness even if I heard that it is helpful, but I try to write in a reflective journal when I feel the need to 'talk to myself'. I discovered this technique through a course I had. Basically I try to discover what are my weaknesses, why they are considered weaknesses and why do I have them. So basically I try to go to the cause to find a solution to improve.
 

Ringwanderung

ad astra per aspera
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
2,391
Reactions Received
12,538
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
this is a self-reflective thread :maheart: i think people handle their insecurities differently, whether it be trying to hide them, trying to get rid of them, accepting them etc. :sanapray:

insecurity is always born from your social environment, thinking you’re less than somebody/everybody else or undesirable, for whatever reason: looks, ability, personality- “how you are perceived by people”

a thing i personally recommend doing is improving your “perception of yourself”, basically your self-image; it‘s training yourself to see yourself in a positive but objective light

you can do this in many ways, but think of what’s making you insecure and try to see it objectively- how the world would see it (*realistically with common sense* that’s hard sometimes), and perhaps think of ways to improve; “i’m not ugly as i think i am, but i want to try clothes and makeup so i’ll look better”, “i’m shy but people can take it or leave it- or i’ll try to be more friendly”, etc.

if you don’t think you can improve on a weakness, just accept it as it is- honestly, it’s probably not that bad as you think! ...and if you don’t want to and feel the need to get rid of it, work hard to make up for it :taesip: i try, even though it doesn’t work all the time and i fail a lot of times, that mindset has personally helped me!

you can always make an effort, putting effort into something and then achieving it; does wonders for your confidence!

find your strengths, find something you can love about yourself that is accepted by people and society :sj_weary: good luck, we’re all in the same boat, trying to find our place in the world
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
good for you for working on yourself <3

I have many insecurities that torture me and make me live in fear of others discovering them or pointing them out.... some of them I can't even speak of.. but I hope that someday I will be able to be comfortable with myself somehow and have enough confidence not to let others abuse me..
I really get you. I hope someday you will find the strength. you are an amazing and incredible human and deserve only the best in life.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread