Chart Interesting behaviour of EXO's Tempo on Melon real-time chart (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I am crazy about charts, everyone knows that. So I noticed while checking the results for TWICE that EXO's Melon placement on the realtime chart skyrockets every full hour. As in, TWICE would be the #1 for the full hour and would claim #1, but on the real-time 5 minute chart, things are slightly different.








As you can see on screenshots above, EXO soars to roof hit every hour, without exception at exactly full hour + 5 minutes, keeps that position until full hour + 10 minutes then decreases to #2. I noticed the behaviour yesterday and have been following it ever since. What is going on here?
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
idk how the charts work so,,,
They are based on MelOn streaming and downloads. For some reason, EXO's streams and downloads skyrocket exactly 5 minutes after full hour, every hour. So at 5:05, 6:05, 7:05 etc EXO will be first. But when it matters, as in 5:00, 6:00, 7:00 TWICE is first. It's just... Weird.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,830
Reactions Received
28,465
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I am crazy about charts, everyone knows that. So I noticed while checking the results for TWICE that EXO's Melon placement on the realtime chart skyrockets every full hour. As in, TWICE would be the #1 for the full hour and would claim #1, but on the real-time 5 minute chart, things are slightly different.








As you can see on screenshots above, EXO soars to roof hit every hour, without exception at exactly full hour + 5 minutes, keeps that position until full hour + 10 minutes then decreases to #2. I noticed the behaviour yesterday and have been following it ever since. What is going on here?
Update your links again marko, its broken.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sui

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread