Introducing K-Pop to Noobs (1 Viewer)

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
How do you go about introducing K-Pop to others?
What are their responses?
If I know they are open-minded then I give them a buffet
of K-Pop tracks. I've gotten positive feedback from friends.
My family, on the other hand, thinks it's weird and they
"mistake" male idols for females. They're supportive
in knowing I'd like to teach in Korea but they're unsure of
the culture or whatever.
Are you ever shy about playing K-Pop?
Idgaf. I'll blare it through my car speakers with the windows down. xD​
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I usually never introduce kpop to someone
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Darkseid and kinnie

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I haven't really introduced Kpop to my friends since I know they won't be into it.

I did know some anime friends and some of them were more open to checking out a few songs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kinnie and yeji

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I haven't really introduced Kpop to my friends since I know they won't be into it.

I did know some anime friends and some of them were more open to checking out a few songs.
Anime first and then K-pop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Probably a Jimin cute moments one hour compilation
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Usually BAP is the way to go I find, they seem to be more palatable for non kpop listeners.
I almost never introduce it to anyone though
Recently I picked a Lee Hi song to play at a group and a lot of people did compliment her voice
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Usually BAP is the way to go I find, they seem to be more palatable for non kpop listeners.
I almost never introduce it to anyone though
Recently I picked a Lee Hi song to play at a group and a lot of people did compliment her voice
Use SuperM from now :lisalaugh:
 

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
I've tried showing some kpop to my family and they do not care for it at all. Perfectly fine.

I love having my own thing that no one else cares about.
 
  • Love
Reactions: kinnie

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Hahajrhg only my mom likes kpop and even now she doesn't like anything but 1st gen. I tried introducing her to Brown Eyed Girls and TVXQ but she stood firm in her belief. She'll talk 2nd gen up with me but otherwise doesn't partake in it. I tried introducing my sister to kpop and she likes to bash me for it lmao. She asks me if they're girls 24/7 and tells me that their voices suck. Once in awhile she'll compliment them.

I play k-pop so much dear lord i don't think I'm shy unless I'm around people for a while. Like, if I'm in the car idc because the people prolly won't know who I am. But if I'm with friends from high-school or something it's a no from me.
 
  • Love
Reactions: kinnie

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
Hahajrhg only my mom likes kpop and even now she doesn't like anything but 1st gen. I tried introducing her to Brown Eyed Girls and TVXQ but she stood firm in her belief. She'll talk 2nd gen up with me but otherwise doesn't partake in it. I tried introducing my sister to kpop and she likes to bash me for it lmao. She asks me if they're girls 24/7 and tells me that their voices suck. Once in awhile she'll compliment them.

I play k-pop so much dear lord i don't think I'm shy unless I'm around people for a while. Like, if I'm in the car idc because the people prolly won't know who I am. But if I'm with friends from high-school or something it's a no from me.
We must assimilate your sister.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: daesuki

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i usually don't introduce people to k-pop. my friends are more into music from the 70s-80s (don't get me wrong, these are a main part of my music taste as well but my friends listen to absolutely nothing besides that) so it's no wonder that k-pop is not really their thing. however i can say that i tried doing it once, by that i mean there was a situation where i had "i feel you" by wonder girls as my ringtone and when someone called me while my friend was near, she asked me what song that was. i gave her the title and all that, then the day after she sent me a message telling me to send her this "but without the singing" and this is when i knew introducing her to k-pop is not going to work :wimwim:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: kinnie

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
i usually don't introduce people to k-pop. my friends are more into music from the 70s-80s (don't get me wrong, these are a main part of my music taste as well but my friends listen to absolutely nothing besides that) so it's no wonder that k-pop is not really their thing. however i can say that i tried doing it once, by that i mean there was a situation where i had "i feel you" by wonder girls as my ringtone and when someone called me while my friend was near, she asked me what song that was. i gave her the title and all that, then the day after she sent me a message telling me to send her this "but without the singing" and this is when i knew introducing her to k-pop is not going to work :wimwim:
You had hope.
 
  • Like
Reactions: eclipsoul

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread