Is it understandable on why some KPop stans can't stan NCT? (2 Viewers)

Joined
6 August 2019
Messages
395
Reactions Received
2,098
Location
United States
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Aside from the age difference, do you find it understandable why someone wouldn't be able to become a fan or a stan of NCT? For me personally there's too many sub units to keep track of.

I'd rather just stick w/ just one whole group like my three faves (ie: TWICE, RV and BP)

It's hard to show interest in NCT when 1. they're younger than me I'd have nothing in common with them on a lyrical level. 2. They put out too many subunits. Reminds me of the UK girl group Sugababes
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Tbh, I didn't stan them at first because most of NCT127's music didn't really appeal to me and it was the only sub unit I payed attention to the most because SM marketed them the most. That was before I started following NCT Dream and WayV of course. The amount of members weren't really ever a concern to me.

I guess it's understandable that there are way too may sub units to keep track of and way too many members but, because they have so many members, they offer more to the table and they all have different talents and charms. They're constantly putting out music as well becuase they have a lot of subunits so you will always get content and you don't need to worry about their health during so many promotions because, while some are promoting, some are resting.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
There's no obligation for you to stan any group and you don't need a single reasoning for why you don't. Stan whoever you want to stan because you can still enjoy the songs from groups you don't stan. Honestly, having turned from a hardcore fan to a casual K-pop fan has made me a lot more content.

I've had people argue with me when I tell them I don't stan a group due to their age differences and it's always young people. For us older K-pop fans, it's difficult to find a group where idol is born before 1996 for example. Heck, I'm happy when someone is born in 1994 but that's rare these days. I just can't connect with younger idols on emotional level.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think those are valid reasons, though for me there is also 3) lack of good music , that's probably most fatal of them all
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
To be honest, I don't think the sub-unit part is really a factor that damages NCT as sure there is quite a few but with NCT you aren't supposed to stan every single one as unlike Loona where they have 3 sub-units and that is part of the group with NCT the sub-units are more like groups themselves more in line with how people view After School and Orange Caramel since there are people who love Orange Caramel but don't care about After School at all.

I'd say the lineup style and the sheer amount of members is what about the NCT system works against them since people already complain about groups like Loona, Cosmic Girls and Seventeen having too many members to stan and NCT have like 8/9 more on them with the possibility of members not being there for releases could be off putting

For me though I just don't like their music at all
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female


The iconic bop of bops!
Omg, I'm listening to it right now, because this is their most iconic song! I remember being like 11 and bopping to this, without understanding the meaning (as if music video didn't hint at it..), lmao.

Also sorry to the OP for derailing the thread with Sugababes but they were the best and I'm nostalgic now. :maheart:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Omg, I'm listening to it right now, because this is their most iconic song! I remember being like 11 and bopping to this, without understanding the meaning (as if music video didn't hint at it..), lmao.

Also sorry to the OP for derailing the thread with Sugababes but they were the best and I'm nostalgic now. :maheart:
Same! There are so many songs from my childhood that are actually kinda dirty LOL
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Peach

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I get why ppl don't Stan NCT and that is fine, nobody HAS to Stan any group.

But not liking the multiple subunits... There is a way around that... Just Stan 1 unit! I started out as a dream only Stan and only half pay attention to 127 content even now!
 
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
No

The thing i don't understand i ppl like you who think that stan nct means that they have to stan all the unit
And without trying to sound rude you said that they are too young for you but members of nct 127 or wayv have the same age that the group you stan so i don't see how nct is too young but you don't have a problem with the age of the group you stan

And 3. It's hard to see you as serious when you say that they are too young so you have nothing in common a lyrical level with them
When their music have more "grown up" message that rv, twice or bp lyrics

Your message is just full of incoherence and this incoherence just look like you try to shade them without knowing anything about them
 
Joined
6 August 2019
Messages
395
Reactions Received
2,098
Location
United States
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
No

The thing i don't understand i ppl like you who think that stan nct means that they have to stan all the unit
And without trying to sound rude you said that they are too young for you but members of nct 127 or wayv have the same age that the group you stan so i don't see how nct is too young but you don't have a problem with the age of the group you stan

And 3. It's hard to see you as serious when you say that they are too young so you have nothing in common a lyrical level with them
When their music have more "grown up" message that rv, twice or bp lyrics

Your message is just full of incoherence and this incoherence just look like you try to shade them without knowing anything about them
First off, you didn't have to be rude because I wasn't being rude in the OP nor was I shading them.

Most of the members of NCT are 17-18-19. The girls in the groups I stan for are in their 20's
 
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
First off, you didn't have to be rude because I wasn't being rude in the OP nor was I shading them.

Most of the members of NCT are 17-18-19. The girls in the groups I stan for are in their 20's
First of all i wasn't rude i was nust showing the incoherence in your first op and if you feel like this you misunderstood

Secondly my point remain you say you can't stan nct but like i said nobody told you to stan all the unit
Secondly you can only stan nct 127 where all the members are in their 20s besides haechan who is 19

Also this prove you didn't do any research about nct when you say that most of their members are 17-18-19

When jisung is the youngest and he is 17yo
Chenle is 18
And all the other members of dream + yangyang are 19yo

Which made 7 of the members of nct are under 20s
And 14 of them are in their 20s
So if my maths are still good it means that most of the majority of nct members are in their 20s

So without trying to be rude say as an excuse that nct is too young when their average age is iver 20
And nct 127 are all in their 20s
Is a lame excuse

So please next time you claim that most of nct are under 20 make some research

And before you tell me i'm rude in this comment
No i'm not and i'm sorry if you feel this way but i just educate you on a subject about you have apparently only a limited knowledge
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Their music is not appealing to me and concerning their concept I am not bothered by the numbers of members or sub-units because I am used to stan large groups but rather by the constant changes in the line-up. I have been a little traumatized by EXO Chinese members leaving one by one so when I see that now all the Dreamies are going to graduate except Jisung, I don’t want to get interested into them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread