Is it weird to be friends with an ex? (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Not friends but I'm still on good terms with my first ex, like we don't stay in touch and stuff but sometimes when we do talk, like twice a year, it's pretty chill, it's also been several years since the breakup so maybe that's why lol.
With my 2nd ex, nah we ended things pretty bad and blocked each other :haylul:

Overall, it can be done I think but usually not advisable, esp if you hang around too much then getting over each other can be tough, also if one of them starts seeing someone else while also being in the same group with their ex, it's not fair to the new partner.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Willow

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
It's really a case by case thing as some can do it while others can't since it may be easy enough to be friends with an ex if the relationship just wasn't that fun for either people anymore. If you only broke up due to a reason like having to move apart though then if you stay friends and they move back into your life that could create difficulty as the relationship was good and you'll likely wonder what could have been unless both are in happy relationships.
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I was exactly gonna mention How I Met Your Mother lol. You see that even after 10 years Ted still has feelings for Robin and I am pretty sure he or any other person would get over more easily if they weren't in touch. Hollywood makes it seem like it works but I think it's a stupid idea. You are hurting yourself more than anyone else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Willow

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Yeah, I would say that's a no from me :wimwim: it can make things awkward or difficult
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Depends on how the relationship ends and the amount time spent seperately after the break up.

Being friends with an ex has never been an issue for me, but thats because we were friends before the relationship started, so it's easier to go back to being friends because we know how, unlike if the relationship was purely romantic without a friendship foundation as well as mutual break ups.
However after the break up there needs to be certain amount of time needed where there is no contact at all it depends on each person for how long is needed, it can vary for me from 6 months to a year, but my exes usually have taken more time so I welcome the idea if they can't or don't want to be friends again, it doesn't bother me either way, but they've always wanted to be friends again which is fine.
This works well for me so I've never had a problem with this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Wow a lot different results than I thought. :wimwim:
I would say that it should be possible but I’m not in a good position to talk. Maybe I have an idealized vision because of my lack of experience.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I honestly don't think so, and it's even worse if they have the same friend group too which is why I never wanted to date anyone who is part of a friend group tbh. It's awkward for the exes, for the friends and whoever dates then afterwards. There's so many factors that goes into it and like others said, it all depends on how they break up. But, I don't think I have seen a situation where people have broken up and still stayed friends after one of them gets into a new relationship, maybe that's just me tho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey
Joined
17 March 2021
Messages
1,802
Reactions Received
2,296
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I honestly don't think so, and it's even worse if they have the same friend group too which is why I never wanted to date anyone who is part of a friend group tbh. It's awkward for the exes, for the friends and whoever dates then afterwards. There's so many factors that goes into it and like others said, it all depends on how they break up. But, I don't think I have seen a situation where people have broken up and still stayed friends after one of them gets into a new relationship, maybe that's just me tho.
Damn guess I gotta let me best friend go then…
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Mangoey and Panda

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I would find it weird to pretend that nothing happened and continue a close relationship like it's nothing? I mean you can surely still be on good terms with your ex and still talk/hang out from time to time but HIMYM kinda seems to do it more to a extreme extent than I would do it if I had an ex
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
It's not really weird, it's just uncommon. I think it'd be weird depending on how the relationship ended and if one person still has feelings for the other.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread