is kpop as enjoyable as it was in the beginning for you? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
tbh for me, I think that I enjoyed kpop more when I first got into it. maybe that's because it was basically a whole new world that I was discovering and everything was new. but now I still love it and the soloists and groups that are in this genre but I dont feel the same way when I first got into it? thoughts?
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
no, i still find the music interesting but the new shiny view of it i had died in the first two years of being into kpop, in the beginning i was really into performances, kpop news, variety shows, its been 11 years now for me but occassionally i do get excited about new groups or releases.
Its never really been my main focus, i still have the same interests before my kpop discovery as i do now, korean music just joined those many interests.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Not as much, I have some periods of time where I barely listen to K-Pop and mostly just western songs
same for me, ill have days where I dont want to listen to kpop and then ill have days where all I want to listen to is kpop.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I loved it more when I first got into it bc there wasn't as much drama as there is now tbh and all the songs were practically bops for me at first but later on I didn't like that many releases idk lmao my taste keeps changing
I agree, my taste in music is way different than when i first got into kpop. like i look back at the songs that i used to listen to and i cant listen to it or its just boring to me.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
1,180
Reactions Received
4,085
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I agree, my taste in music is way different than when i first got into kpop. like i look back at the songs that i used to listen to and i cant listen to it or its just boring to me.
I can still listen more to some old songs tbh Sistar can be on repeat forever and I wouldn't get bored of em.

Some new songs also get boring for me after few releases tho
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I think I like it about as equally. I'm pretty new but I've met loads of crazy funny, talented, and nice people but trying to keep up with kpop and the drama that comes with it,, it gets tiring sometimes
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Im more open to groups now than I was than I was back then but it was more exciting when I first discovered it
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
50/50
i first fell i love with fx so wasnt into the whole fandom stuff was just listentin to fx and big bang.
But when i got into groups like seventeen and bts it felt like a job you had to watch every vlive and stream etc so lost interest
butttt now i just enjoy the music and theorising with nct etc sooo it more fun now so ive done a full 360 cause it was exciting went meh now is fun

p,s still stan svt and bts never dropped a group apart from exo...
 
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,041
Reactions Received
4,458
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It was more exciting because it was new at first, but over time you just see the same patterns and hear the same repetitive sounds, and each gen has had more than its share of this. These days I can only be bothered to follow groups that are doing at least something a little different with their music.
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
I enjoy it more now, probably because I can appreciate it more now. When I was younger, I was more into J-Rock and some J-Pop. In addition, I still listened a lot to American music (R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock).

Nowadays I don't listen to many new songs from America or Japan (still bumping the older tunes, tho). It gives more room for K-Pop -- both old and new music -- to shine. I have some nostalgia for the first K-Pop albums I heard as a pre-teen, but I still enjoy what's being offered now more.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It was more exciting because it was new at first, but over time you just see the same patterns and hear the same repetitive sounds, and each gen has had more than its share of this. These days I can only be bothered to follow groups that are doing at least something a little different with their music.
yeah these are kind of my feelings about it as well :/ like tbh i look forward to new groups but they all sound the same and they all mesh in with each other.
 
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
21
Reactions Received
165
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Tbh no, nowadays I listen to non-idol Korean music and music of other languages, mostly English. I definitely fell out of love with K-pop, though I still listen to groups I think stand out from the rest.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I enjoy it about the same, if not more because I've found a large amount of groups I enjoy and I'm always excited for their next activities/comebacks whereas in the beginning I didn't really know where to begin and was trying to find the groups I liked.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread