Is Kpop starting to accept lgbt now? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Seulrene's MV is referenced to a couple of lesbian movies, one of them being The Handmaiden which is a Korean Lesbian movie.

This is the English Version of (G)I-DLE's Oh My God, the lyrics are different and more sexual:
I've watched that film like 3 times because I was obsessed and I never saw the reference? I may need to rewatch the music video.

Also, the English version seems to be catering to the less conservative western audience. So I don't know if it necessarily means Kpop because when its English is it Kpop? It still has the general Kpop vibe but technically it becomes just regular pop right? At least that's what I've heard. Though I will say that Kpop idols for the most part seem to be LGBT+ supportive so it's not THAT shocking but Korea is still on the more conservative side while Seoul may not be which is where most of these groups are probably more well known.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think so. It has been more and more open
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread