Is productivity important to you aka why is everyone suddenly obsessed with productivity? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
as I have fallen into some youtube coma these holidays I have watched TONS of vlogs and through these a lot of pretty, aesthetic, productive vlogs came screaming to my face (until drama master saved me with her absolutely hilarious comedic videos about kdramas) and I have started to be wondering: like man, I have wanted to get better at organizing my life (because maybe one day my workspace would thank me for it???) but like isn´t this extreme? or am I just lazy.

the videos for reference:





btw, follow Keo he is one of my favourites because I love his cinematography


I see so many people being obsessed with studying? like it seems one part of youtube community is just OBSESSED with who can study more? how is that even healthy?
also to mention I even started admiring their notetaking methods just to find out my old college notes and they were so freaking organized I had to pat my past self on my shoulder. definitely a wasted career of a youtuber.
it´s Saturday, I haven´t done ANYTHING for work yet. I still have two episodes to finish of True Beauty.
Am I living an unproductive life??? am I living the wrong life???
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus and Soogi

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
i mean, it's important to remember that a lot of these youtubers and vloggers dont show you the whole picture. you just see the parts and days of their lives that they want you to see, they romanticize certain parts or put up an act for other parts. it seems a little unrealistic to me to be this productive and organized all day, every day, but if they can actually handle that more power to them i guess? imo there's nothing wrong with taking a few days off, or coming home from work and bingewatching your favorite kdrama. i think those videos should be seen as something to get you motivated and take tips and ideas from, rather than an ideal life everyone should try to achieve.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
i mean, it's important to remember that a lot of these youtubers and vloggers dont show you the whole picture. you just see the parts and days of their lives that they want you to see, they romanticize certain parts or put up an act for other parts. it seems a little unrealistic to me to be this productive and organized all day, every day, but if they can actually handle that more power to them i guess? imo there's nothing wrong with taking a few days off, or coming home from work and bingewatching your favorite kdrama. i think those videos should be seen as something to get you motivated and take tips and ideas from, rather than an ideal life everyone should try to achieve.
I honestly wish at least one of my weekdays was THAT productive :D
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Soogi

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,672
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
I think it's just people believing that doing nothing in itself is an inherently bad thing but like everything else in moderation it can be as can working yourself too much can also be a bad thing so need to find balance between the two
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,598
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,438
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
to each their own, if these youtubers feel comfortable living their lives like that (or at least close to that, no one knows if these videos are exactly what those people are doing) all the best to them but it's not for everyone. i like to joke around about myself being lazy but since i hate making plans if i had to live like this i'd feel like a robot. there's more to life than working and having everything perfectly scheduled.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread