Is there such a thing as unconditional love? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
what kind of love would it be? and do you think you could love someone forever and no matter what, would you stand by them through whatever? if not, where do you cross the line?
tbh I don't feel like I know that much about love so I'm not sure, but I think only a parent's love can be unconditional, especially a mother's bond with her child perhaps.. 🤔 I feel like most types of what we call love fade over time or at least change and maybe weaken.. (at least based on what I've seen). I used to be a bit of a fool who was too loyal and stubborn, but now I think I've learned my lesson and won't be acting like that again or so I hope lol.. there are things I wouldn't accept even if I did still love the person

 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
You are on a roll today with love.

I agree with you that love between a family can be everlasting but within a partner no way. It needs to be maintained and constantly put into action.

Marriages fall apart every day. The divorce rate is so high everyone is on their second or third wife/husband. They fell out anyone can. We all move on in the end. We all do.

I think maybe 100 years ago it was more likely to exist but these days there is just no value in it anymore. It's just yeah. Not unconditional.

Edit- oops forgot to answer your questions.

what kind of love would it be? and do you think you could love someone forever and no matter what, would you stand by them through whatever? if not, where do you cross the line
It would be an amazing love one as strong as the stars and the moon in our sky.

I'd love if that exists somewhere I think it would be quite marvelous. I just dont know how it can come about in this day and age. But if it did then I'd love to witness it. Oh God my romantic side coming out lol.

I think I could honestly tho that sounds a bit unrealistic. I really tend to get extremely addicted even posessive over what I feel is mine girls included. I think that I could love a person forever but I'd need to give her my soul and she would need to be really amazing or at least very humble cause that way we can learn and grow even if she isn't a perfect 10 at the start.

She cant be a hoe or former hoe cant be selfish, lazy, disrespectful, she has to be cute cause duh. She needs to have the exact same willingness as me. If I'd die for her she must do the same..I cant love her more or she doesnt deserve my soul.

I think personally I could but only after a very long process. Probably 6 years.

And as for crossing the line. If she was able to cross any lines I'd never have fallen for her that much. I would choose carefully and teach her in all ways before it could happen, I'd let her know all the lines she cant cross and I'd ofc respect her the same way. If she crossed any. Then sayounara. Ok maybe I'd give her a few chances but only a few if you cant listen to me then you certainly dont deserve all of me. I'd ofc give her the same as I expect.
 
Last edited:
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
I believe it exists, however I don’t think it is necessarily healthy. It depends on the situation and relationship being judged for unconditional love. For example, loving someone despite them causing you pain mentally or physically or even emotionally isn’t exactly healthy for a relationship. Unconditional love, while having a nice connotation can have many cons.

But for me, it would take a lot to unconditionally love someone. I’d have to put my full trust into them which is something I struggle with. When it comes down to it, if they cheat, murder, or do any acts on a similar level I couldn’t bare to keep being with them. There are certain morals that I will not allow myself to break nor my partner.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,286
Reactions Received
76,675
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,035
Ship
Wreck
I would say it can exist but while the idea sounds good on paper in execution it rarely is because those with unconditional love can be blind to what the person is doing wrong which is not something you want to be doing. For healthy unconditional love you should be able to pull them up on what they do wrong and if they also acknowledge it was wrong be there to support them towards improving with the line being if they do something that really harms someone else.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
unconditional love?
easy, me x hyuna
or @Jiminish x park jimin smh
but we both know it won't happen so instead we have each other lmaooo
JUST YOU WAIT, ONE DAY ILL PULL UP
IN MY WEDDING DRESS AND SAY I TOLD YOU SO
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jichuus and kodoku
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think unconditional platonic and interpersonal love exists but only if both sides learned how to give and receive love. Romantic love changes and takes lots of effort to maintain.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
If both agree to it, I think it's possible.

But the minds need to be connected to an insane degree.

Most people won't like to do that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kodoku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread