Italian or Spanish? (2 Viewers)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
because I constantly want to broaden my horizons and especially so when it comes to languages, I keep falling into that trap of which one to decide "Italian or Spanish"? I know my English is really bad so maybe I should start there :D, but the more languages you know, the better you understand their functions (and now we are talking about language as a science aka morphology, syntax etc.)

so which one would you choose and why?
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I think it would be easier for you to learn Spanish. More sources, more movies to watch, lots and lots of famous songs. It sounds like such a sexy language too.
That being said, I'm learning Italian for migration purpose and I never thought I would love it so much. You could try watching netflix tv series in both languages and see what you prefer.
 
  • Love
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I think it would be easier for you to learn Spanish. More sources, more movies to watch, lots and lots of famous songs. It sounds like such a sexy language too.
That being said, I'm learning Italian for migration purpose and I never thought I would love it so much. You could try watching netflix tv series in both languages and see what you prefer.
are you moving to Italy? ohh that is awesome and which city?
I mean sure, I could, but I have heard both languages spoken and seen both of them written. They are both so pretty! it is really hard. yet, people say that Italian is harder to learn. I wonder which one is closer to French though?
 
  • Love
Reactions: SnowWhite
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Italian, cuz I learnt Spanish in High School and I sucked at it :wimwim:
it´s not an easy language so don´t beat yourself over it. you are pretty good at English though! are you planning to learn any more languages?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
it´s not an easy language so don´t beat yourself over it. you are pretty good at English though! are you planning to learn any more languages?
eh i dont really plan to, too much work for me :wimwim: you know i'm too lazy to do that :nekosweat:
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
eh i dont really plan to, too much work for me :wimwim: you know i'm too lazy to do that :nekosweat:
nagh, pretty sure you have enough stuff to do. I also don´t expect myself to be fluent. I mean there is no reason, it´s not like I´m going to move to either of the countries or to even travel there :D. but well, that passion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
are you moving to Italy? ohh that is awesome and which city?
I mean sure, I could, but I have heard both languages spoken and seen both of them written. They are both so pretty! it is really hard. yet, people say that Italian is harder to learn. I wonder which one is closer to French though?
I honestly have no idea about the city haha, I'm applying for as many universities possible for 2022. I am hoping for Rome because I like the city's aura but anywhere in Italy would be great <3
Tbh Idk how close Spanish is to French but I studied French for a short period back in years and it's really helping me with memorizing the words. I'm slightly biased toward Italian but I think objectively Spanish might come off more useful in general :pepeheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I honestly have no idea about the city haha, I'm applying for as many universities possible for 2022. I am hoping for Rome because I like the city's aura but anywhere in Italy would be great <3
Tbh Idk how close Spanish is to French but I studied French for a short period back in years and it's really helping me with memorizing the words. I'm slightly biased toward Italian but I think objectively Spanish might come off more useful in general :pepeheart:
good luck to that! I´d love to visit Italy one day. Especially Sardinia ♥.
 
  • Love
Reactions: SnowWhite

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Spanish seems more useful/practical however I have a soft spot for Italian and would definitely go for it first even if I never get to use it irl lol.

The only Italian I know is through Vincenzo tho so :wimwim:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Spanish seems more useful/practical however I have a soft spot for Italian and would definitely go for it first even if I never get to use it irl lol.

The only Italian I know is through Vincenzo tho so :wimwim:
well, the only other Italian show (though that is not an Italian show :D) I have watched was Baby and also I don´t remember the name it was a tv show about the Italian Mafia. it was good for a while but really brutal. the language is just charming. I had an Italian teacher and she was fierce! :D
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
well, the only other Italian show (though that is not an Italian show :D) I have watched was Baby and also I don´t remember the name it was a tv show about the Italian Mafia. it was good for a while but really brutal. the language is just charming. I had an Italian teacher and she was fierce! :D
Haha I only learnt 2 phrases through Vincenzo and they're both curses- well Italian is one of the most colorful languages when it comes to that :haylul:
One is che cazzo which is like what the fuck, and the other is vaffanculo which is go f yourself :lisalaugh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Haha I only learnt 2 phrases through Vincenzo and they're both curses- well Italian is one of the most colorful languages when it comes to that :haylul:
One is che cazzo which is like what the fuck, and the other is vaffanculo which is go f yourself :lisalaugh:
that´s a good start. I only go by "stupido" :D :D :D
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkseid
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I'm a native Spanish speaker, so the choice for me would be Italian, unless the goal is deepening my knowledge of my own mother tongue and study its grammar together with linguistics.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread