- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 17,947
- Reactions Received
- 38,146
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 16,470
- Fandom
- inspirit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Goddess
- Ship
- Wreck
I will blur out things that may be triggering in here btw so read at your own discretion.
I have been working at my current job for 4 years.
I've moved up the ranks from a basic employee, to a supervisor, to having multiple positions until I now am an assistant manager.
I've loved this job so much.
Constantly being around animals is my passion and I've loved EVERY moment of it.
With that being said it's time for me to step away from the position.
My mental health has been shakey at best in the past.
I had to take a leave of absence at some point and work elsewhere for a moment
because I had some really bad panic attacks back to back.
Went to therapy and got mostly "better".
Worked at a place that was really horrible to their employees and returned.
Then naturally got promoted to AM.
The position has been a little more stressful.
More time-consuming.
Less pay off as well.
While I love the place I work I hit another block on my road to recovery.
I relapsed.
I have a history of self-harm.
It's not something I'm proud of and I actively work against the urge.
But this past week was a breaking point for me.
I relapsed in the bathroom.
Grabbe da pen and just stabbed repeatedly into my thigh.
Pulled my pants up and then went back to work.
I think this was another wake-up call.
While I love this job so so much.
It's time for me to leave.
I don't have much of a backup plan atm.
I'm at an age where I need to start worrying more about benefits.
So this couldn't be at a worse time but I need to do it.
For my mental health.
So....yeah that was my TED talk?
I have been working at my current job for 4 years.
I've moved up the ranks from a basic employee, to a supervisor, to having multiple positions until I now am an assistant manager.
I've loved this job so much.
Constantly being around animals is my passion and I've loved EVERY moment of it.
With that being said it's time for me to step away from the position.
My mental health has been shakey at best in the past.
I had to take a leave of absence at some point and work elsewhere for a moment
because I had some really bad panic attacks back to back.
Went to therapy and got mostly "better".
Worked at a place that was really horrible to their employees and returned.
Then naturally got promoted to AM.
The position has been a little more stressful.
More time-consuming.
Less pay off as well.
While I love the place I work I hit another block on my road to recovery.
I relapsed.
I have a history of self-harm.
It's not something I'm proud of and I actively work against the urge.
But this past week was a breaking point for me.
I relapsed in the bathroom.
Grabbe da pen and just stabbed repeatedly into my thigh.
Pulled my pants up and then went back to work.
I think this was another wake-up call.
While I love this job so so much.
It's time for me to leave.
I don't have much of a backup plan atm.
I'm at an age where I need to start worrying more about benefits.
So this couldn't be at a worse time but I need to do it.
For my mental health.
So....yeah that was my TED talk?