Rumor ITZY's Dalla Dalla is my Russian Roulette (1 Viewer)

Do you like Dalla Dalla?

  • Loved it on the first listen.

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Didn't like the song at first. But I love it now!

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I am still trying to enjoy the song.

    Votes: 4 30.8%

  • Total voters
    13

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I remember my excitement at the teaser trailers and my anticipation for ITZY's debut. However I also remember how bitterly disappointed I was after the first listen, and how I tore the song to shreds in my review....
At the time the only praise that I could find was ITZY's visuals in the MV and the bridge section with Lia, Yeji and Yuna. The rest of the song I pretty much shitcanned in my review.


Turns out that tearing the song apart was a mistake... What wasn't a mistake though was giving it a few more listens. Because fast forward a month and I am now obsessed with Dalla Dalla! :sj_weary:

And Dalla Dalla isn't a 'Rookie'... I didn't begin to like the song overtime, but wouldn't dream of ever playing without headphones. This is my Russian Roulette! A song that I've grown to love with time and aren't afraid to play loudly through my speakers!!

When I posted my feelings the first time around. I said that I would give ITZY a few more chances with subsequent comebacks to see whether I would be willing to stan them and put my money into them.
Thankfully though it turns out that I don't have to do that now. Because I've already brought the digital single (why couldn't you release a physical EP for ITZY's debut JYP? Seriously....) and without a doubt I will be putting more money into supporting the girls in the future :llama_uwu:


And if you were curious as to who my bias is... It's Ryujin.





Oh, and congratulations on your 8th win ITZY!!!! :pepeheart:

​
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I was really disappointed with DALLA DALLA when I first heard it while travelling. I thought it had no composure and it was all over the place. Fast forward a couple of days and it's within my Top 5 of 2019.
Honestly that's the same for me.

I felt that it was all over the place at first, and that it felt like a poor cross over between Red Velvet & 2NE1. But at some point after a few more listens I found myself enjoying it a lot more, and I would also say that it's now one of my favourite releases of 2019.
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly that's the same for me.

I felt that it was all over the place at first, and that it felt like a poor cross over between Red Velvet & 2NE1. But at some point after a few more listens I found myself enjoying it a lot more, and I would also say that it's now one of my favourite releases of 2019.
I also don't think I was forced into liking it (like Rookie or Signal) it's just that DALLA DALLA is actually a very good, well produced song.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I also don't think I was forced into liking it (like Rookie or Signal) it's just that DALLA DALLA is actually a very good, well produced song.
It just naturally grew on me as well. Same with Russian Roulette. Because I remember having similar feelings to that song at first and it took quite a few listens for me to appreciate the song.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I enjoyed it since I first heard it.
great that alot of people have been falling in love with dalla dalla with time
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was really disappointed with DALLA DALLA when I first heard it while travelling. I thought it had no composure and it was all over the place. Fast forward a couple of days and it's within my Top 5 of 2019.
me 110%
and I changed my bias from Ryujin to Yuna in like ten seconds xD

I need to be more loyal to them
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I'm glad you grew to love it!
My bias is Yuna
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I guess that I am just a basic gg hoe... :maheart:

I liked the b side 'Want It' as well.
Tell me about it. I stan way too many ggs
Want It was tragic :welp:
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I thought the song was okay when I first listened to it. Now it's grown on me quite a bit. I'm glad Itzy is doing well with their debut.
:pandalove:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I genuinely can't see it as a good song. I mean it gets stuck in my head here and there but it isn't because it's good-it just happens to be catchy. It's still all over the place, fifty songs in one, and the skill they showed in it really isn't enough to pull me in...
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Loved it. Hated it. Then loved it again. Currently back to hating it.
We have a complicated relationship, Dalla Dalla and I :maheart:
Kinda like my relationship with YGE :maheart:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I liked it initially- like a 7/10 but absolutely love it now. Idk what it is, but it's such an earworm. I'll be doing random stuff and find myself humming "Bad bad I'm sorry I'm bad" it's ridiculous :yolk:

And I was most hyped for Yeji before the release and it was so satisfying to watch her come through as this charisma dynamite :sj_weary:

Anyway, 8 wins including an Inkigayo triple crown- their Dalla Dalla promotions have ended but I'm happy at their insane success. The longevity on the charts is ridiculous too.

I also noticed the MV had quite a few dislikes, but once they started performing live, the likes to dislikes ratio got better and better and I pretty much only see praise now :pandalove:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread