- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 115,742
- Reactions Received
- 53,191
- Location
- Outer Space
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 429,397
- Gender
- Female
This led to speculations that Jennie's official fandom name was "Ruby." In particular, since singer Kwon Eun-bi's official fandom name is "Ruby," there were also misunderstandings that the fandom names overlapped.
Regarding this, an official from Jennie's agency, OA Entertainment, emphasized to Xports News, "We only referred to fans arbitrarily on the news page where we deliver news to fans. We did not officially announce the fandom name." It is not the official fandom name.
@Blink
This seems similar to sthg tat happened with SNSD Tiffany's fandom name YoungOnes(since her Korean name is Hwang MiYoung--> Tiffany Hwang Young--> shortened/simplified to Tiffany Young for western fans/audience after she left SM in 2017, I think her surname is Hwang:- it's confusing to me also) another bg was unaware n announced a similar fandom name Youngwon-meaning forever in korean(I think so, it was in 2019 so I forget exactly). Anyway seems no one uses either YoungOnes or Youngwon now since Tiffany's mostly tv/musical theatre actress/singer with occasional every 5 Yr cb with SNSD now(LOL).Her company clarified it was a cute thing she said and not the official fandom name: https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/311/0001772798
Quote from the auto-translate:
This led to speculations that Jennie's official fandom name was "Ruby." In particular, since singer Kwon Eun-bi's official fandom name is "Ruby," there were also misunderstandings that the fandom names overlapped.
Regarding this, an official from Jennie's agency, OA Entertainment, emphasized to Xports News, "We only referred to fans arbitrarily on the news page where we deliver news to fans. We did not officially announce the fandom name." It is not the official fandom name.
Yeah, rubies sounds great and pretty and suits her and all, but given the context, I'm glad it's not the official fandom name. I can't wait to see what to real fandom name will be. Maybe it'll be Jensetters like her fans already call themselves?This seems similar to sthg tat happened with SNSD Tiffany's fandom name YoungOnes(since her Korean name is Hwang MiYoung--> Tiffany Hwang Young--> shortened/simplified to Tiffany Young for western fans/audience after she left SM in 2017, I think her surname is Hwang:- it's confusing to me also) another bg was unaware n announced a similar fandom name Youngwon-meaning forever in korean(I think so, it was in 2019 so I forget exactly). Anyway seems no one uses either YoungOnes or Youngwon now since Tiffany's mostly tv/musical theatre actress/singer with occasional every 5 Yr cb with SNSD now(LOL).
Sad for Eunbi/Tiffany tat each fandom name is so unknown to wider public-tat Jennie/another bg thought it was open to be used <whether Jennie was trying it out or just spontaneously saying a random word like Rubies LOL>.