Jpop Lexicon (2 Viewers)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
What about putting together a list of jpop related terms? The terms for kpop are more or less well known in the forum; but, what about a jpop lexicon? I know the most used term for describing jpop idols as being cute is kawaii. What about bias? What about stan? Are they the same terms? I know many of those terms come from Japanese, so there is also a way to write them using Japanese characters. Maybe not all of them come from Japanese, at least the ones used by international fans. So lets put a lexicon together.

TermKanaKanjiMeaning
alt-idolalternative and idiosyncratic idol groups and performers
Anjureあんじゅれnickname for Ange Rêve
centerセンターin a group the member who has the most screen time and is on center of the dance performances
DROiDSfandom name for EMPiRE
Garbagemanfandom name for BiSH
Hackersfandom name for PassCode
Herosynヒロシンnickname for Higeki no Heroine Syndrome
ichibanいちばん一番male Bias. best, first, number one.
idol rockidol groups with a distinctly rock sound
kawaiiかわいい可愛いcute, adorable, charming, lovely, pretty
Ma Wotaまヲタ魔オタ or 魔ヲタfandom name for Necronomidol
me2fandom name for 143~ (One Four Three)
Necromaネクロマnickname for Necronomidol
Neojapoネオジャポnickname for NEO JAPONISM
Ojousama (Lady/Princess)
/Goshujinsama (Master)
fandom name for Band Maid
oshimenおしメン推しメンfemale bias
Owayoruおわよるnickname for owaranaide,yoru
Sabai Zokuサバイ族fandom name for CY8ER
shingeki神激nickname for Shinshi Todoroku, Gekijou no Gotoku
wotaヲタobsessive fans
Zenkimiぜんきみnickname for zenbukiminoseida
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ichiban = male Bias
oshimen = female bias
wota = obsessive fans
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
idol rock : idol groups with a distinctly rock sound
center (センター) : in a group the member who has the most screen time and is on center of the dance performances
alt-idol : alternative and idiosyncratic idol groups and performers

Oshimen is written as 推しメン

can we add some groups' nick names?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
idol rock : idol groups with a distinctly rock sound
center (センター) : in a group the member who has the most screen time and is on center of the dance performances
alt-idol : alternative and idiosyncratic idol groups and performers

Oshimen is written as 推しメン

can we add some groups' nick names?
Thank you.

Yes, I think there is space for nicknames and maybe fandom names too; although if the list of those terms get so long as to comprise the vast majority of it, then maybe a separate table may be needed. For now, there is no problem to have all of it in a single table.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
NEO JAPONISM : ネオジャポ (Neojapo)
owaranaide,yoru : おわよる (Owayoru)

143~ (One Four Three) : me2 (fandom name)
PassCode : Linkage (fandom name)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
shingeki (神激) : Shinshi Todoroku, Gekijou no Gotoku
Anjure (あんじゅれ) : Ange Rêve
ぜんきみ = Zenkimi
ネクロマ = Necroma

Herosyn (ヒロシン) : Higeki no Heroine Syndrome
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
@Yachii did you see my adds?
Yes. I have seen them. I went to inquire a little bit about Linkage being PassCode's fandom name and got sidetracked on a yt-like website that apparently has much PassCode material, including full live concerts. I have to get deeper into Linkage because I'm under the impression it's an organization that requires payment for membership; a fan club. Yet, almost everywhere else I see PassCode fans being called hackers. I'll post a question on a PassCode discord server to see what others think about it.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
@Yachii did you see my adds?
Yes. I have seen them. I went to inquire a little bit about Linkage being PassCode's fandom name and got sidetracked on a yt-like website that apparently has much PassCode material, including full live concerts. I have to get deeper into Linkage because I'm under the impression it's an organization that requires payment for membership; a fan club. Yet, almost everywhere else I see PassCode fans being called hackers. I'll post a question on a PassCode discord server to see what others think about it.
I added everything; but I'm waiting for replies about PassCode's fandom.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
@Yachii speaking about fandom names I know some more


Band Maid : Ojousama (Lady/Princess) /Goshujinsama (Master)
EMPiRE : DROiDS
BiSH : Garbageman
CY8ER : Sabai Zoku (サバイ族)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
You're welcome.
I think I have already gathered enough information for PassCode's fandom name. My conclusion is that it's Hackers. I'm including the bits of information I found below in spoilers.

"Trivia
Their fans are called "Hackers", and their lives are called "ENIGMA"."
>>Yuna: "But Hackers (PassCode’s fans name) would come and tell me it was cool."

>>Yuna: "Yes, I learned about the warmth of the Hackers at our very first One Man Live in OSAKA MUSE."

>>Yuna: I didn’t think that many Hackers (name for fans of PassCode) would come [to see us]. We got up on stage and were immediately surprised.

>>Various things happened in a short period of time. The best version of PassCode finally came about. Many Hackers were also saying that, in their opinion, this group of 4 was the best, correct?
Hinako: We were told that a lot, yes.
Kaede: So, all you Hackers, memorize the lyrics please! (laughs)
Yachii Last Saturday at 7:18 PM
I have an important question. What is the name of the fandom? Pardon my ignorance.🙏

RF700Last Saturday at 7:49 PM
Hackers! That's why the default role here is hacker
😊

Yachii Last Saturday at 8:18 PM
Thank you! Do you know of fans who believe the fandom to be named something else?

RF700Last Saturday at 9:16 PM
I'm not sure no

ShichiLast Saturday at 9:48 PM
isnt lineage like the premium version of the fandom?

RF700Last Saturday at 10:19 PM
Yeah that's the fanclub
Fans are referred to as "hackers" though. Similar to "kitsunes" in the Babymetal community

ShichiLast Saturday at 10:39 PM
oh i didnt know fandom and fanclub were different words

RF700Last Saturday at 10:46 PM
Oh
My bad haha

imnewherewhatisthisLast Saturday at 10:58 PM
I always assumed linkage just happened to be the name of the online service

RF700Last Saturday at 11:03 PM
^^

Yachii Yesterday at 11:08 AM
So then the hackers/Linkage confusion is more common than I thought.


reply:
Arknode11
"Hackers", at least according to the Jpop Wiki. link

I have no idea where they sourced it though.

Edit: The Japanese wiki page says the same thing so they must have got it from there.


So it's apparent that "hackers" is the name of the fandom. In contrast, the following is Linkage's faq page:


Translation:
Google Translate

This page talks about membership fees, benefits, duration, and how to pay and renew.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
You're welcome.
I think I have already gathered enough information for PassCode's fandom name. My conclusion is that it's Hackers. I'm including the bits of information I found below in spoilers.

"Trivia
Their fans are called "Hackers", and their lives are called "ENIGMA"."
>>Yuna: "But Hackers (PassCode’s fans name) would come and tell me it was cool."

>>Yuna: "Yes, I learned about the warmth of the Hackers at our very first One Man Live in OSAKA MUSE."

>>Yuna: I didn’t think that many Hackers (name for fans of PassCode) would come [to see us]. We got up on stage and were immediately surprised.

>>Various things happened in a short period of time. The best version of PassCode finally came about. Many Hackers were also saying that, in their opinion, this group of 4 was the best, correct?
Hinako: We were told that a lot, yes.
Kaede: So, all you Hackers, memorize the lyrics please! (laughs)
Yachii Last Saturday at 7:18 PM
I have an important question. What is the name of the fandom? Pardon my ignorance.🙏

RF700Last Saturday at 7:49 PM
Hackers! That's why the default role here is hacker
😊

Yachii Last Saturday at 8:18 PM
Thank you! Do you know of fans who believe the fandom to be named something else?

RF700Last Saturday at 9:16 PM
I'm not sure no

ShichiLast Saturday at 9:48 PM
isnt lineage like the premium version of the fandom?

RF700Last Saturday at 10:19 PM
Yeah that's the fanclub
Fans are referred to as "hackers" though. Similar to "kitsunes" in the Babymetal community

ShichiLast Saturday at 10:39 PM
oh i didnt know fandom and fanclub were different words

RF700Last Saturday at 10:46 PM
Oh
My bad haha

imnewherewhatisthisLast Saturday at 10:58 PM
I always assumed linkage just happened to be the name of the online service

RF700Last Saturday at 11:03 PM
^^

Yachii Yesterday at 11:08 AM
So then the hackers/Linkage confusion is more common than I thought.


reply:
Arknode11
"Hackers", at least according to the Jpop Wiki. link

I have no idea where they sourced it though.

Edit: The Japanese wiki page says the same thing so they must have got it from there.


So it's apparent that "hackers" is the name of the fandom. In contrast, the following is Linkage's faq page:


Translation:
Google Translate

This page talks about membership fees, benefits, duration, and how to pay and renew.
Honestly I prefer Linkage xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Michael
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Me too. "Hacker" is confusing and have a bad connotation (at least in this part of the world); but it happens it's the fandom name.🤷‍♂️
mhmm :susPepe:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread