JUst a rant ig (2 Viewers)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
1,124
Reactions Received
7,796
Location
Fuck me Chico
Website
www.allkpop.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
I hate my mom so much school is stressful as it is. The assignments, test, the kids etc. everything about school is just hell and my mom is adding on top of it... always telling me what I do isnt enough and constantly comparing me to my genius siblings. I know for a fact I’ll never be as good as them, why can’t my mom understand that? I honestly just wish she'd leave me the fuck alone at this point it's like if I make one little mistake I'm a disappointment to her. it just hurts and I'm sick of stressing over this. Stress hurts. the perks of having a strict perfectionist as a mother​
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Deep breaths
I understand how you feel and I've been in your exact shoes before.
I wish I knew what you could do to make her stop but all I can say is don't take heart. Chasing perfection only leads you straight off a cliff:lazypotato:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm sorry to hear that Hani, you are so talented and smart in many different ways, and grades/tests are such a narrow and one-dimensional way to assess someone anyway. You'll do well in stuff your siblings don't, you'll have different interests and expecting everyone to be the same and equally good as each other is unrealistic and just unfair on you. Real life takes a lot more than just good grades to excel in, and I know you'll do amazingly in whatever path you choose.

Just know and believe that your mom's skewed perspective isn't accurate and hopefully she realizes that someday. Even if she doesn't, just believe in yourself and don't let her words drag you down, I believe in you and I'm sure many others do too <3

Hani-yaa hwaiting!! :pepeheart:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Ah that sucks, my mother used to do the same thing... but I now understand she did it out of concern and also for reasons that had nothing to do with me which is probably what it's like with you too. I think understanding that helps, but you might wanna calmly and sincerely talk to her or maybe even write her a letter explaining you are trying your best and are stressed enough, and also asking her for support or at least not to additionally pressure you. Good luck <3
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I'm sorry about that. Your mom really shouldn't be shaming you and comparing you to your siblings. I used to get horrible grades and sometimes I'd compare myself to my brother whose grades were amazing. I was called "dumb", "stupid", etc. and I got to the point where I wanted to have grades like his, but I always thought that it was unattainable. But, now that I'm older, I realize that I shouldn't have compared myself to him. Even you shouldn't compare yourself to your siblings just because your mom does. Saying that you'll "never be as good" as your siblings isn't good either. Just because you may not do as well as they do, it doesn't mean that you're not smart and that you're not as good as anyone. What they excel at, you might struggle with and vice versa. I know school is stressful, but what matters is that you're actually trying. Do you think you could talk to your mom and tell her that you're trying as hard as you can, but you still struggle with learning the material? Maybe you can tell her that you want a tutor to help bring your grades up? Sorry if this doesn't help.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
1,124
Reactions Received
7,796
Location
Fuck me Chico
Website
www.allkpop.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
Don't let that influence your choices too much.

This is a troublesome age for these things, I hope she can be understanding of your limits at some point.

Fighting
that would be a miracle but thank you jasque
Deep breaths
I understand how you feel and I've been in your exact shoes before.
I wish I knew what you could do to make her stop but all I can say is don't take heart. Chasing perfection only leads you straight off a cliff:lazypotato:
Wise words thanks for caring love :pepeheart:
Omg u poor baby :(((
<3333333 ly
I'm sorry to hear that Hani, you are so talented and smart in many different ways, and grades/tests are such a narrow and one-dimensional way to assess someone anyway. You'll do well in stuff your siblings don't, you'll have different interests and expecting everyone to be the same and equally good as each other is unrealistic and just unfair on you. Real life takes a lot more than just good grades to excel in, and I know you'll do amazingly in whatever path you choose.

Just know and believe that your mom's skewed perspective isn't accurate and hopefully she realizes that someday. Even if she doesn't, just believe in yourself and don't let her words drag you down, I believe in you and I'm sure many others do too <3

Hani-yaa hwaiting!! :pepeheart:
I needed this ! it really did make me smile i love you <3 thank you for taking the time to write me this
Ah that sucks, my mother used to do the same thing... but I now understand she did it out of concern and also for reasons that had nothing to do with me which is probably what it's like with you too. I think understanding that helps, but you might wanna calmly and sincerely talk to her or maybe even write her a letter explaining you are trying your best and are stressed enough, and also asking her for support or at least not to additionally pressure you. Good luck <3
thank you kodoku ! I like the letter idea. I can express myself more clearer then. <3
I'm sorry about that. Your mom really shouldn't be shaming you and comparing you to your siblings. I used to get horrible grades and sometimes I'd compare myself to my brother whose grades were amazing. I was called "dumb", "stupid", etc. and I got to the point where I wanted to have grades like his, but I always thought that it was unattainable. But, now that I'm older, I realize that I shouldn't have compared myself to him. Even you shouldn't compare yourself to your siblings just because your mom does. Saying that you'll "never be as good" as your siblings isn't good either. Just because you may not do as well as they do, it doesn't mean that you're not smart and that you're not as good as anyone. What they excel at, you might struggle with and vice versa. I know school is stressful, but what matters is that you're actually trying. Do you think you could talk to your mom and tell her that you're trying as hard as you can, but you still struggle with learning the material? Maybe you can tell her that you want a tutor to help bring your grades up? Sorry if this doesn't help.
The thing with talking to her about it is that she doesnt take anything into consideration. I had talks with her about my grades all the time and in the end nothing changes. SHe doesn't care she thinks it an excuse for me to get the easy way out. I go to a weekend school every other weekend...It does bring my grades but it isnt enough for her. I am proud when I see a change in my grades but then she kinda just ruins it....runs all over my pride. It's ok lexus ! your words do help I'm glad you can understand. Ily <3
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i understand girl :pandasad: its alright though, youll pull through it
if you really hate your mom, just count down the days until you can move out, life always gets better eventually
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread