Just Came HERE to Bitch (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Just want to say that I have an autoimmune disorder called Celiac disease.
When or if I ingest anything with gluten that either HAS gluten in it OR has come into contact
WITH something that has gluten in it then my body will decide to attack my intestines.
The thing is I am asymptomatic.
MY diagnosis was PURE fucking luck.

Now with all of that out of the way-I was diagnosed in 2017-18.
A long time I would say.
My problem is I am now almost CONSISTENTLY having stomach issues
and other problems in general that are health-related and I cannot
for the life of me figure out what the actual fuck is going on.

NOW

I am definitely a hypochondriac (health anxious) person.
I have been having a lot of symptoms that line up WITH another autoimmune disorder/disease.
So I went to a community online that is for people with celiac disease.
So we can exchange tips, information, recipes, and so on and so forth.

I AM HERE TO BITCH ABOUT A CONVO I HAD WITH SOMEONE THERE...

I-no lie, posted a thing talking about getting comorbid diagnoses because I think I may have one
and I just wanted to tips from my fellow celiacs on what to do to best get down to what the problem is.

ONE person responded by saying a lot of the symptoms I am experiencing are side effects of ingesting gluten.
I let them know that I am asymptomatic, I have annual sometimes biannual bloodwork done to test for IgA antibodies
so I can know if I am sticking to my diet properly SIMPLY because I am asymptomatic and it's genuinely HARD for me to know if I am
sticking to my diet properly.

They then say that it's very easy to get trace amounts of gluten in your diet BUT then say that even though I am asymptomatic
once you start going gluten-free you are more likely to develop more severe reactions to ingesting gluten. They then say a stool sample
is a little more accurate than bloodwork because bloodwork can still somehow miss TRACE amount of gluten.

THEY THEN PROCEED TO TELL ME THAT THEY CALL COMPANIES IF THEY BUY A PRODUCT FROM THEM (EVEN IF SOMETHING SAYS GLUTEN FREE CERTIFIED)
TO HEAR ABOUT THEIR FACILITIES AND THE PROCEDURES THEY FOLLOW TO MAINTAIN THIS CERTIFICATION. THEY NEVER GO OUT TO EAT AND KEEP A STRICTLY GLUTEN FREE HOUSEHOLD.

....
The amount of rage this person triggered in me is fucking stupid.
IF I AM GOING GLUTEN FREE AND THAT MAKES IT SO I AM MORE LIKELY TO BECOME SYMPTOMATIC BUT I SOMEHOW
AM STILL INGESTING GLUTEN THEN HOW CAN MY FUCKING SYMPTOMS BE RELATED TO CELIAC DISEASE!?
ACCORDING TO YOUR I AM CONTINUOUSLY INGESTING GLUTEN DESPITE MY BEST EFFORTS WHICH IN TURN MEANS I AM NOT ON AN INHERENTLY GLUTEN-FREE DIET
WHICH IN TURN MEANS I AM NOT SUDDENLY SYMPTOMATIC.

NOT TO MENTION HOW ON EARTH CAN BLOOD TESTS FOR IGA ANTIBODIES NOT DETECT TRACE AMOUNTS OF GLUTEN!?!?
THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT IS THAT YOUR BODY IS FUCKING TRIGGERED OUT OF ITS DAMN MIND IF YOU HAVE THE SLIGHTEST MOLECULE OF GLUTEN ON YOUR FOOD OR IN THE FUCKING AIR. SO THEREFORE YOUR IGA WOUDL FUCKING SHOW FLUCTUATIONS EVEN IF YOU WERE INGESTING TRACE AMOUNTS OF FUCKING GLUTEN.

NOT TO MENTION I LET THIS PERSON KNOW I HAD A COLONOSCOPY, A TISSUE BIOPSY, BLOODWORK, AND A FUCKING FECAL TEST
AND THEY STILL WERE TRYING TO BLAME EVERYTHING ON CELIAC DISEASE.

THE FUCKING RAGE I FEEL FROM PEOPLE LIKE THIS IS FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE.

Makes me think of the damn doctors who don't take their patients seriously....fuck RIGHT off.

:kijoongstare: :kijoongstare: :kijoongstare:


​
 
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: ADORA and Ahsoka

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I don't know much about this subject and even I can see that that doesn't line up :wimwim: People can be very stupid
...the annoying thing is the person was talking like they genuinely knew the science behind the tests that are typically run for checking celiac reactions within the body. Which they clearly knew nothing about and agh....it makes me so angry when people are so confidently wrong and can't bend even a LITTLE to the idea that they might be wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Same here honestly, reading your thread just confirms that
I'm so glad I can vent about that person here lmfao....it really pissed me off.
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,463
Reactions Received
39,093
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
Soooo, If I understand correctly...your saying you love us? We love you too! :izhug: Please yell anytime you need to! On another note auto immune diseases tend to attract other auto immune diseases so its entirely possible you have developed something else.

I started with RA and have since developed scoriatic arthritis.... yay me! :kokorohappy: Aren't we lucky! I hope you get it figured out! We're rooting for you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,435
Reactions Received
9,451
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,830
Gender
Male
17 years ago I got a diagnosis that are not so far away from yours: Ulcerative colitis. I had to learn that there are very good doctors out there, but also ones with deadlocked opinions (there are no stupid doctors, but some stopped learning something new). Most doctors told me: Let's try Cortisone, then more Cortisone, then much more Cortisone. Then Immunosuppressants, then even stronger Immunosuppressants. And if those don't work anymore: why not just removing the colon?

Most patients with autoimmune disorders benefit from a low carb diet (Atkinson, Paleo, Keto): no sugar, no refined carbs or no carbs at all. Instead more vegetables and (maybe not too sugary) fruits. Fish and poultry instead of Pork (Pork could be problematic too because of its high amount of purines). Most nuts are great too.

When your digestive system is affected, you most likely have some sort of nutrient deficiency that could worsen the symptoms. Tell your doctor that he/she should do a full blood analysis so you'll find out if you need specific supplements. It's possible that you benefit from probiotics.

Autoimmune diseases are often psychosomatic illnesses too. And I don't mean the depressive phases you have while you suffer. A psychic trauma that happened in the past could contribute to the development of an autoimmune disease. Also try avoiding any form of negative stress. Meditation can help keeping your head clear and your stress level down. Google Psychoneuroimmunology, there are some interesting articles.

Do you have a nearby forest where you live? Do daily forest walks. Shinrin-yoku (Forest Bathing) doesn't mean you should hug trees. It means that you should spend time in the woods regulary. One of the most relaxing things ever. And forest bathing also effects your immune system significantly and could regulate its function:

While we breathe in the fresh air, we breathe in phytoncides, airborne chemicals that plants give off to protect themselves from insects. Phytoncides have antibacterial and antifungal qualities which help plants fight disease. When people breathe in these chemicals, our bodies respond by increasing the number and activity of a type of white blood cell called natural killer cells or NK. These cells kill tumor- and virus-infected cells in our bodies. In one study, increased NK activity from a 3-day, 2-night forest bathing trip lasted for more than 30 days. Japanese researchers are currently exploring whether exposure to forests can help prevent certain kinds of cancer.
( https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/90720.html )

It sounds even too easy: most symptoms of autoimmune disorders can be reduced by avoiding stress. Reduce emotional stress with techniques like meditation, Yoga, sporting activities, walks through nature. Reduce physical stress by using a diet that keeps your blood sugar level down.

Find a good doctor, but don't stop informing yourself about alternative ways. Don't limit yourself to informations about Celiac disease. Maybe there's something that helped people that have other autoimmune disorders (Crohn's disease, Colitis, Multiple sclerosis) that might help you too.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread