COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Justice for Johnny Depp (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
this thread was already made once before, but since the last one was months ago and very much DISGUSTS me.... I'm making another one!

Johnny Depp was abused by Amber Heard, his ex-wife. There is evidence + records of her admitting it.
When Depp was accused of Abuse by his ex-wife... he got cancelled. he got torn to shreds in every way. Despite there being no evidence.

Amber is still getting movie roles RIGHT now, despite there being proof of her being guilty. Of her hitting Depp, SHITTING ON HIS BED, severing his fingertip and more. People are STILL defending her. People are still going after Johnny Depp bcs he threw some plates?

This toxic mentality that women are always the victim and men can't be abused is honestly horrible and disgusting. THIS is the reason men won't come forth with abuse. THIS is the reason men cannot admit to abuse. Because very rarely if ever will they be heard.

Last edited:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Amber Heard without evidence got Johnny Depp cancelled.
Johnny has evidence, but Amber is getting movie deals.

Make this make sense in a way that isn't toxic feminism.

Last edited:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
People are saying Depp isn't free of guilt here either, bcs he has thrown some plates around and said some threats... But... Is that not normal... If you are being abused to feel angry? To want to release that anger in some way? To do SOMETHING.

Was he supposed to just sit there and take it?

Fuck me, the phrase I hate men is thrown around a lot, but I will just say this... I hate women.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it‘s a mess. I think he does deserve justice and to get roles

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Amber Heard without evidence got Johnny Depp cancelled.
Johnny has evidence, but Amber is getting movie deals.

Make this make sense in a way that isn't toxic feminism.
This is how things work nowadays, unfortunately. The cancel culture + Extreme sjw have weaponized feminism, diversity and inclusion in order to damage people's lives but the worst part is that most can't differentiate facts from agenda.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Well since you asked for another reason then Amber struck first and that allowed her to get the most people on her side.

People do not follow stories through so getting the first blow can be very powerful. Mix in the fact people hate being wrong they are unlikely to backtrack in a situation like this.

What we have all in all is a society that cancels first and will do nothing to remedy this if proven otherwise because they don't want to show they were wrong.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
Oh I didn't know that's how it all went down with those two. What a shock!
That's just like supporting a bully who beat someone up and people saw it, yet they say it never happened.
This defending of the unjust really needs to stop.

Just because she is a woman, doesn't make her any less at fault than a man. (so lame)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
The scary thing is that I don't think society will ever change for the better in this regard. Men will always be seen as the stronger and more assertive group who are supposed to provide everything even at the cost of being abused. Society doesn't care that men can be hurt too or need resources or require someone else to take charge and help. Men are supposed to take it and keep moving forward. "Tears are for wimps, man up ya big sissy!" and all that noise.
And that is the thing, in gender inequality the only thing that is really talked about is the more "real" things so to say like money or jobs etc. In which men definitely have the upper hand.

But what isn't talked about, is how emotionally men aren't on an equal footing with women. And since men are the "rulers" so to say, that only worsens the situation of men not being able to be "weak" or vulnerable. A man cannot be abused by a woman, because men are more privileged than women. People just don't realize that privilege isn't as all encompassing as they think it is.

Women these days in progressive western countries have a lot more freedom than men do. Women can look however they want. Women can act however they want. Sure it is not entirely that, but that is something that is fought for.

However simply the fact that men aren't socially allowed to wear skirts shows the gap of freedom between men and women.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well I used to think that men got it worse with abuse cases, but not really anymore. Having the joy of witnessing such stuff close by, I definitely don't think women are protected enough in this society and I don't think their word is taken seriously enough either. It's just so difficult to get help when u need it, though that's probably regardless of gender.

What comes to particular case of Amber and Johhny I'm not sure what to think. There is two stories. It's bit similar as Hara's case with that I guess, but at least with that oen who got conclusion on who was the bad guy and who not. I feel like this whole case between Amber and Johhny was left quite unfinished and I don't really want to jump for conclusions. That's what the whole kpop messes on late years have taught me.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Well I used to think that men got it worse with abuse cases, but not really anymore. Having the joy of witnessing such stuff close by, I definitely don't think women are protected enough in this society and I don't think their word is taken seriously enough either. It's just so difficult to get help when u need it, though that's probably regardless of gender.

What comes to particular case of Amber and Johhny I'm not sure what to think. There is two stories. It's bit similar as Hara's case with that I guess, but at least with that oen who got conclusion on who was the bad guy and who not. I feel like this whole case between Amber and Johhny was left quite unfinished and I don't really want to jump for conclusions. That's what the whole kpop messes on late years have taught me.
I agree women aren't protected enough. I agree they aren't taken seriously enough either. But statistics show men are less likely to come forth about abuse and are even less likely than women to be believed.

I have looked at the evidence released from both Amber's side and Johnny's side and I'll just say Johnny's side looks a lot more convincing. Johnny has witnesses + taped evidence. He has pictures of injuries over a long time. Amber has bruises to show and Johnny's witnesses have given reason to think those bruises are painted on. Johnny was also the one who tried to escape the situation first, leading further evidence to his side of the story.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I agree women aren't protected enough. I agree they aren't taken seriously enough either. But statistics show men are less likely to come forth about abuse and are even less likely than women to be believed.

I have looked at the evidence released from both Amber's side and Johnny's side and I'll just say Johnny's side looks a lot more convincing. Johnny has witnesses + taped evidence. He has pictures of injuries over a long time. Amber has bruises to show and Johnny's witnesses have given reason to think those bruises are painted on. Johnny was also the one who tried to escape the situation first, leading further evidence to his side of the story.
It could be similar case as Hara's in terms that abuser accused the victim first. Lot of people were quick to judge and cancel Hara after all. It's only when there was more information out, you found of stuff like blackmail and sexual violence : (

Or it might be that both have done shitty things. But since Johhny has evidence I wouldn't say Amber is just victim.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
This woman is absolute trash and deserves to be locked up. What a disgusting woman

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Thing is, even if humanity reached 100% gender equality in every sphere, various biases in certain situation would still exist, based simply on perception of physical strength. And I'll prove it. Let's remove gender for a thought experiment:
Instead of man and woman, two men are in a relationship - Imagine it being Wonho and Woozi (lol)
If they had an abuse dispute like that, I could bet 90% of general public would accuse Wonho, and side with Woozi,
despite the level of evidence. Simply because there's a part of brain that finds it more logical that the physically stronger one is more likely to be the abuser. Obviously, it's not fair, but it's understandable why humans think like that. It's on justice system to find out the truth while being unbiased. General public will always be biased in some way.

Those are all good points... And yeah, I often act really childish around my friends. If I were a man then my behavior would not be okay whatsoever. I'm aware that I can get away with a lot and even be considered "cute" and that my actions can seem "adorable" and that's all totally fine. Obviously it's not totally black-and-white. Men in my friend groups also get the "cute and adorable" treatment sometimes too. But by and large, men are supposed to be... exactly what we've been saying.
It might seem like a privilege right now, but if that starts happening in the future in a professional setting, you'd think of it as a curse. Cute folks must fight to be taken seriously. If that happens, I suggest bringing a whip to your workplace and showing your colleagues who's the boss :sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
This is horrible! It doesn't matter if you're a man, woman, child or animal, no one deserves to be treated like this.
As someone who loves Women, it disgusts me that there are women who do this type of thing and it's not just to men either, also other women.
It happens a lot in lesbian relationships, unfortunately, which is quite hard to believe since we don't think that it would happen that much as society already discriminates and abuses them enough and of course, the victim of an abusive lesbian relationship is also not taken seriously simply because her partner is a woman, and on top of that, there would be a lot of stigma for them being with a woman in the first place.
Men are not perfect by any means but Women should also get the same treatment.
I hope Johnny Depp will be ok and Amber should pay the consequences as she is giving a bad name to Women everywhere and the ones who have actually been abused, raped etc is much harder for them to be taken seriously.
People like Amber Heard and Seungri should be in jail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread