JYP announces Mina will participate in Twice’s Upcoming Events + Once leaving the fandom (1 Viewer)

Faerie

I just wanna love myself, Love my weakness
.
.
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,594
Reactions Received
5,717
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
9,291
Fandom
Once
Gender
Female
Wreck


Yus we are getting our penguin back after a long hiatus, her first public appearance since Twicelights. Once are especially excited to see her again. Speaking of Once-

Many fanboys have claimed to leave the fandom due to recent controversies involving twice. However Jihyo recent V live seem to have been
the final straw. Jihyo recently took to vlive to explain to once why she left in the middle of the award show. However it was the wording “웅앵웅” that means blabbered or muttering, this term is often used on social media like to twitter and it’s similar to the English word ‘blah blah’ or ‘da da da.’ It is usually used in arguments in a mocking manner.

Fans believe this was to rude
One even mention

“TWICE fan since 2015 wrote in the “announcement” to leave the fandom: “To be honest, of course she can date. But dating without asking the company, living for herself only is not right at all. Spitting out offensive words in the chatroom is not right at all. Her saying those words is like treating the company and ONCE like trash. All the implications in her words and her actions… Seeing the beautiful and hard-working members gave me strength. I have been supporting the group since late 2015, but … Seeing the way she began to not care about the people around her and do everything as she pleased, my feelings have gone. I will not support them as a ONCE anymore. Starting today, everything is broken. Goodbye TWICE “.

Do you think this is to much or do you believe Once’s have the right idea?
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
why is 2020 already so full of controversies...

anyway glad Mina will be back
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I’m hoping it’s all going to slow down, but these girl really need to watch what they say
I honestly just hope it will slow down. It has been a lot
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
If you look at how Jihyo was treated by male fans for years, I'm surprised she didn't snap earlier
Srsly gave me Kyla vibes.

People still think that idols are these god-like creatures descended from heaven who don't make mistakes and have thick skin
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Lol they'd honestly be better off without fans like these.
Maybe Jihyo can go the Seolhyun route and end up gaining a lot of female fans instead :sanapray:
 
D

Deleted member 74

I'm proud of Mina~ Here's to a lovely time for her and the girls
I feel sorry for them, just imagining if I were one of them seems stressful
And it's not that real fans are leaving, only the unnecessary and dramatic ones
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Really glad Mina is back now.
It seems so weird that ONCE's would leave the fandom over this and if most of them are male, then that can only mean they weren't into TWICE for their entertainment but for their availability.
TWICE doesn't need those type of fans as they weren't really true fans to begin with and were mostly just perverts.
Not all male fans are like this as I am a male fan and there are many male fans on this forum who genuinely love TWICE and women can also be perverts and will have done the same thing as these male fans but it makes you wonder why so many male ONCE's liked TWICE for certain things instead of many of the things they are known for.
It is ok to be attracted to someone, but if that is why you are only in the fan base in the first place, then you really shouldn't be in the fandom at all.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Lol they'd honestly be better off without fans like these.
Maybe Jihyo can go the Seolhyun route and end up gaining a lot of female fans instead :sanapray:
I agree! TWICE needs more girl fans :maheart:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I agree! TWICE needs more girl fans :maheart:
True!
Twice does have a pretty good female fanbase too, the male to female ratio is a lot more balanced unlike most girl groups lol, but groups like Red Velvet, Mamamoo and Dreamcatcher have an even higher female percentage :yolk:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
True!
Twice does have a pretty good female fanbase too, the male to female ratio is a lot more balanced unlike most girl groups lol, but groups like Red Velvet, Mamamoo and Dreamcatcher have an even higher female percentage :yolk:
Yes but you can't forget Loona either, they have an extremely high female fandom lol
But you are right, I think it's because these GG offer something different than your typical GG and they are not just based on cuteness and looks.
It's seems in general, girls are still attracted to those things in GG's, but they are more into the groups all round entertainment.
I would say that your average BG fan girl and average GG fan girl are a bit different, though that is not to say all BG fan girls only like BG's for certain things.

There is also a lot more fangirls in K-pop than fanboys overall and there are also a lot more fangirls for GG's than there are fanboys for BG's, so if you think about how these GG do a lot of LGBT representation, there are a lot more girls who can relate because they are girls themselves who might also be into girls, whereas the not as many fanboys into BG's can relate to the guys if they are into guys but it's certainly not as many as the fangirls for GG's, if that makes sense?
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
god i love dating scandals
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
Glad Mina is feeling well and going to participate! It'll be nice to see her again.

As for the fan(s) who are leaving over anything dating-related...


I don't care. I'd rather see a decrease in something superficial like sales (which is always subject to change, though I agree with the poster who said they need more female fans, lol) than a decrease in the ladies' mental health. So bye to any toxic ONCE out there who think that they know more than they do, think they have control over anything other than their own wallet, and think they are more important than they are. I hope this increasing scrutiny on idol companies and the toxic side of k-pop culture continues to be contentious and talked about, if only it would mean something changes.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't care. I'd rather see a decrease in something superficial like sales (which is always subject to change, though I agree with the poster who said they need more female fans, lol) than a decrease in the ladies' mental health. So bye to any toxic ONCE out there who think that they know more than they do, think they have control over anything other than their own wallet, and think they are more important than they are. I hope this increasing scrutiny on idol companies and the toxic side of k-pop culture continues to be contentious and talked about, if only it would mean something changes.
Yeah, and with Twice, they're already the highest selling GG of all time lol. They can take a hit in their sales, it won't hurt them or their legacy at all. Plus, they're now into their 5th year, so eventually JYP might start focusing on solo activities for members while he tries pushing Itzy.
It's best to discard toxic or fickle fans in the long run, and keep the supportive and loyal fans who truly love the group for the right reasons.

That being said, I'm still worried that if Nayeon, Sana or Tzuyu get caught in a dating scandal, the meltdown could be huge.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I saw the explanation that the word Jihyo used is not simply rude, but it's language that radical feminists use and not common people. I think that makes the reaction more understable, since these radical feminist have rly bad reputation in Korea (I don't rly know if that rep is deserved or not). Twice doesn't have girl crush image, but rather girl next door so I can see why scandals about them not being all sweet and innocent would hit the group and fandom pretty hard. I do feel for Twice though, they have had it especially hard lately and I think Jihyo snapped.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread