COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News K-Pop Fans Take Over #whitelivesmatter Hashtag, Drown Out Racist Posts (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
fancams are finally good for something to spam

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Well I can see where you're coming from, but I think that can't be avoided in today's times. There are extreme people on both ends, and both feel what they're doing is justified as a response to the other.
From what I can see on Twitter tho, most people are quick to call out such tweets and bury them under harmless/fun spam tweets that don't call out any race or community. So it gets harder to view those unless you really go looking for it. I clicked on the hashtag and sorted by Top, and couldn't see anything like that after scrolling down a lot.

I guess it's impossible to not expect BS like that, esp on social media. At some point, someone has to decide to not respond to it with hostility, best we can do is start with ourselves.
My thoughts are don't support a good cause to be rewarded and support it to make change for the better since as they say it's not always easy to do the right thing

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
My thoughts are don't support a good cause to be rewarded and support it to make change for the better since as they say it's not always easy to do the right thing
Exactly, you don't support it wanting to be acknowledged or appreciated but because you fundamentally don't like seeing what's happening and want to affect change.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I've truly lived long enough to witness kpop Twitter united for a good cause. God Bless.
:pepecry1:
We are only shitty to each other, but united against the world :umjicry::pepecry1:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
And even for the people who don't like change. They can support it just out of basic human decency because of the obvious injustices happening.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
This is pretty cool. The alt-right twitter community is very active, who knew we just needed a juggernaut community like kpop stan twitter to drown them out. The hero we didn't know we needed. We all know kpop twitter is really prolific at making hashtags trend, it's good to that power used for good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread