News Kang Daniel files injuction for termination of his contract with LM Entertainment (1 Viewer)

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Kang Daniel has applied for the suspension of his exclusive contract with LM Entertainment.

His legal representative shared the following statement on March 21:​
On [March] 21, singer Kang Daniel’s legal representative Yulchon LLC submitted an application to the Seoul Central District Court for an injunction against LM Entertainment for the suspension of his exclusive contract.
Yulchon lawyer Yeom Yong Pyo (head of sports entertainment conflict department), who is in charge of this case, revealed, “Without the prior consent of Kang Daniel, LM Entertainment signed joint business contracts that sell Kang Daniel’s exclusive contract rights to third parties. The application for injunction was submitted as [LM Entertainment] completely breached [the terms of] his contract.”
He explained, “The decision for injunction is typically determined quickly in approximately one to two months, and if [the request] is accepted, Kang Daniel can immediately begin independent activities in the entertainment industry.”
He added, “Kang Daniel feels bad that the incident has become a legal [matter] and expresses his deep apologies to the fans who cherish him. He shared his hopes for the incident to be resolved as quickly as possible.”​
cr.

This will possibly drag out for another 1-2 months. I am glad he's doing this. After finding out that LM wanted to trademark Yoon Jisung's legal real name so that he could never use it again when promoting if he left LM, I am 100% sure they tried to force Daniel into same thing. They've been constantly slandering him on the media, creating fake articles where they involved him with Seungri or edited out Wanna One members faces to make it look as if Daniel went to Hong Kong alone.​
 
Last edited:

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TRADEMARK YOON JISUNG
im appalled
They're absolutely horrible. I feel so bad for Jisung because he'll enlist soon and probably has no time to fight it. But I hope Daniel takes LM down with him if he gets out. Him and Jisung deserve so much better.
1-2 months? Rip :yolk:
It's fine, peaches will stand by him. I've been with him over 2 years. I'll wait as long as I can. :sanapray:
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
They're absolutely horrible. I feel so bad for Jisung because he'll enlist soon and probably has no time to fight it. But I hope Daniel takes LM down with him if he gets out. Him and Jisung deserve so much better.

It's fine, peaches will stand by him. I've been with him over 2 years. I'll wait as long as I can. :sanapray:
Good luck with his lawsuit. A whole company against one guy sounds tough.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
4,096
Reactions Received
13,689
Location
Throwing rotten eggs at Pledis
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
This was long expected. I'm glad he's going through with it rather than stepping back after all the rubbish they pulled to force him to stay in. He's technically still a trainee right? Or did he sign a conatract that makes him an official celebrity? I hope he can successfully leave with minimal damage. He has so much potential and has so much he could be doing right now but his company is a complete mess. Good luck to him
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
This was long expected. I'm glad he's going through with it rather than stepping back after all the rubbish they pulled to force him to stay in. He's technically still a trainee right? Or did he sign a conatract that makes him an official celebrity? I hope he can successfully leave with minimal damage. He has so much potential and has so much he could be doing right now but his company is a complete mess. Good luck to him
I believe he's no longer a trainee since he was supposed to debut under LM in April. Even when he was trainee 2 years prior to PD101, he didn't have proper resources to be trained properly, from what I know MMO had just a small basement and he self-taught himself everything or learnt from other MMO squad guys, of all but one (Jisung) left.. :( Someone said it like this 'Imagine winning millions with lottery and then throwing away the lottery ticket', that's how it is.

Is that even legal..?? I mean our damn name are given by our parents so what rights do these company have to trademark it..???
I believe it's absolutely illegal.. I think T-ARA had same issue and MBK lost in the court. Can't believe they even tried it.

The most ridiculous about is that they try to copyright his name as YOON JISUNG but what does it matter, it's still his birthname!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread