Kimetsu No Yaiba aka Demon Slayer - The Hype and the truth! (2 Viewers)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Ok so to be completely honest I have no idea why I watched it up until the final released episode, I had no previous intention but after the first episode I was already hooked. The theme of
  1. Samurais
  2. Demons (Oni - man I love this word)
  3. THE CUTEST CREATURE KNOWN TO EXISTENCE
  4. Elements as weapons
  5. Colored Swords
had me hooked, all of those things combined are some of the things I really love to see in anime in general and I had no idea about any of them, I didn't even know the show had Samurais I only knew they were killing Demons lol.

The animation quality is so good, I don't even need to mentioned episode 19

@bulletproof this is what I imagine your level of animation to be :areyouforreal:

Literally the first episode already had me feeling like I was watching "THAT" high quality anime of the year. I really dislike when anime look old or age badly and this is the exact opposite, it's the most modern I've seen!
The story itself is quite interesting as well as the characters, some things were predictable but hey I'm just psychic :pepesmug:
Nezuko is... so...so... ADORABLE
I'm legit going to draw her soon cause I really want to, so cuteeeee

Other stuff just comes together as well, interesting side-characters, every villain has a story and isn't just evil for no reason... and such
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
It's a really funny story how I came across Kimetsu no Yaiba lol.

So me and @blueberries talk about anime sometimes, and she's up to date with all the recent stuff. She kept recommending me Mob Psycho (S1 was incredible, still have to watch S2) and The Promised Neverland. But I was just burnt out on anime, and didn't really find anything that kept me engaged all the way.

I remember LOVING Attack on Titan S1 in 2013 but the long ass break made me forget everything and now I'll have to rewatch the whole 1st season before moving on to S2. Plus, I don't like angry, whiny protagonists and Eren is like the posterboy for all that. My Hero Academia as well, I like it every now and then but it didn't make me lose my mind and binge it.

Anyway, I remember seeing some Nuxtaku or Gigguk videos, among other anime channels on YouTube hyping up this show as the revival of the shonen genre, how it handles all the tropes pretty well, even subverts them in some cases, and how the animation, pacing, characters are all done well. That got my interest first. Then, I saw a lot of hype over Episode 19 and was like :susPepe:

Finally, I was watching some recent Kpop reaction video on JREKML lol, and his desktop computer had a Demon Slayer wallpaper so I finally thought what the hell, let's give it a shot.

And I'm so glad I did, right from the 1st episode I was hooked :sj_weary: I've watched upto episode 15 now in 2 days, can't wait to binge the rest too :sj_weary:

This show does EVERYTHING right- Ufotable really outdid themselves here.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Shinobu is my waifu and I can't wait to see what this guy is up to:

LMAO, hit by a smooth criminal, and then basically murdered too :areyouforreal: I'm also curious as to how they are gonna take his character... Especially why exactly the king of all demons is trying to live his life hidden among people.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
anime of the year for me :pandalove:

Nezuko is the cutest demon ever

and finally a main character who is not annoying! I really can't stand them anymore :pepecry1:
He really is a rarity, where you don't hate the main character and he isn't doing stupid things for no apparent reason or at least not a dumb reason... Now that you mention it he really is rare...
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
It's a really funny story how I came across Kimetsu no Yaiba lol.

So me and @blueberries talk about anime sometimes, and she's up to date with all the recent stuff. She kept recommending me Mob Psycho (S1 was incredible, still have to watch S2) and The Promised Neverland. But I was just burnt out on anime, and didn't really find anything that kept me engaged all the way.

I remember LOVING Attack on Titan S1 in 2013 but the long ass break made me forget everything and now I'll have to rewatch the whole 1st season before moving on to S2. Plus, I don't like angry, whiny protagonists and Eren is like the posterboy for all that. My Hero Academia as well, I like it every now and then but it didn't make me lose my mind and binge it.

Anyway, I remember seeing some Nuxtaku or Gigguk videos, among other anime channels on YouTube hyping up this show as the revival of the shonen genre, how it handles all the tropes pretty well, even subverts them in some cases, and how the animation, pacing, characters are all done well. That got my interest first. Then, I saw a lot of hype over Episode 19 and was like :susPepe:

Finally, I was watching some recent Kpop reaction video on JREKML lol, and his desktop computer had a Demon Slayer wallpaper so I finally thought what the hell, let's give it a shot.

And I'm so glad I did, right from the 1st episode I was hooked :sj_weary: I've watched upto episode 15 now in 2 days, can't wait to binge the rest too :sj_weary:

This show does EVERYTHING right- Ufotable really outdid themselves here.
Looool I recently watched that JREKML for a video and I only saw his wallpaper after I watched it lmao and was like.... "Wait... is that Kimetsu no Yaiba?" and we can all see that liking Demon Slayer and Kpop is obviously a kink :sanapray:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
LMAO, hit by a smooth criminal, and then basically murdered too :areyouforreal: I'm also curious as to how they are gonna take his character... Especially why exactly the king of all demons is trying to live his life hidden among people.
He seems like interesting villain cause in other hand we see him being rly manipulative and having disregard towards wellbeing of innocent folks that just happen to be conveniently there for him to use.. but he doesn't go out his way to unnecessary kill people either and he does seem to have quite interesting motivations trying to hide that he's demon and live amongst humans etc. So even from small bits we have seen he seems nuanced and somewhat grey character, i mean dark grey still but not pitch black villain xd
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I guess Episode 26 airs today and the season comes to an end :umjicry:
Hope Season 2 happens and doesn't take too long *cough Attack on Titan cough*

Also, how fast are subs usually up?
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I guess Episode 26 airs today and the season comes to an end :umjicry:
Hope Season 2 happens and doesn't take too long *cough Attack on Titan cough*

Also, how fast are subs usually up?
Animes usually get official subs right away. They are posted on legal sites likr Crunchyroll as soon as airs and plp spread them to illegal ones.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Animes usually get official subs right away. They are posted on legal sites likr Crunchyroll as soon as airs and plp spread them to illegal ones.
Unfortunately neither Crunchyroll or Hulu works here so I have to rely on Gogoanime :yolk:
 
  • Like
Reactions: RainbowDevil

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Unfortunately neither Crunchyroll or Hulu works here so I have to rely on Gogoanime :yolk:
Crunchyroll has sucked lately, they used to provife all shows for USA and Europe, but nowadays europe is locked out from some popular shows. Hulu has always been USA only i think.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Crunchyroll has sucked lately, they used to provife all shows for USA and Europe, but nowadays europe is locked out from some popular shows. Hulu has always been USA only i think.
Gogoanime came through, episode is already up and I watched it :sj_weary:

At the end they showed Coming of Age arc concluded, and that a film adaptation has been greenlit for the next arc. S2 will probably be announced after the movie.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gogoanime came through, episode is already up and I watched it :sj_weary:

At the end they showed Coming of Age arc concluded, and that a film adaptation has been greenlit for the next arc. S2 will probably be announced after the movie.
I'm bit sad we didn't get announcement with time, but hopefully the movie won't take too long. The anime definitely needs to continue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Kibutsuji Muzan was legitimately terrifying in the final episode, one of the best villains I've seen recently :sanapray:

Also, I tried reading the manga to see what happens next (the anime stops at around chapter 54 btw), but I just couldn't. The art is childish af, the pacing is terrible, entire scene and location changes panel to panel, and the tone is super cartoonish. It's clear Ufotable has done a much superior job and has made the adaptation something special, they've even added in some scenes to make the pacing and flow better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Kibutsuji Muzan was legitimately terrifying in the final episode, one of the best villains I've seen recently :sanapray:

Also, I tried reading the manga to see what happens next (the anime stops at around chapter 54 btw), but I just couldn't. The art is childish af, the pacing is terrible, entire scene and location changes panel to panel, and the tone is super cartoonish. It's clear Ufotable has done a much superior job and has made the adaptation something special, they've even added in some scenes to make the pacing and flow better.
I just made comment how i liked him being more grey character when in this one he was just straight up villainous and evil :lisalaugh: Oh well, my theory is that he kinda has different sides first of all he seems to dislike demons (doesn't want to be seen as demon himself) so he is harsher to them and regular humans and just seems them as tools, and he was more mellowed down when posing as human but then realizing that he cannot rest and let demon minions handle everything, demon slayers are still after him so he gave up trying to act like one for time being.

It was rly terrifying though, i felt bad at the poor demons. Even more when he was the one who made them that way, thinking of Rui's story they might not even have rly gotten clue or choice to become demons.

That's interesting huh. Maybe the manga gets better eventually, if it's mangaka's first one it might take some time to find it's shape.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread