News Kobe Bryant Dies In Helicopter Crash (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Kobe Bryant died in a helicoper crash in Calabasas Sunday morning ... TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. We're told Vanessa Bryant was not among those on board.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.


Kobe has famously used a helicopter to travel for years -- dating back to when he played for the Lakers. He was known for commuting from Newport Beach, CA to the STAPLES Center in DTLA in his Sikorsky S-76 chopper.

KB is survived by his wife Vanessa, and their four daughters -- Gianna, Natalia and Bianca and their newborn Capri.

Kobe has recently been spotted out at NBA games with his daughter Gianna -- a rising star basketball player herself. Their youngest daughter, Capri, was just born in June 2019.

Kobe is widely considered one of the greatest NBA players of all time -- making 18 All-Star teams during his 20 year career with the Lakers. He was a first-round pick in the 1996 draft, winning 5 NBA championships, 2 NBA Finals MVPs and he was the league MVP in '08.

The Lakers famously retired both of Kobe's jerseys, number 8 and 24 ... the only player in team history to receive that honor.

Kobe's accomplishments stand far outside of the basketball world. He won an Oscar for his short film, "Dear Basketball," in 2018.

Story developing ...
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't really know him, but accidents are always sad. Especially when u leave family members behind.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
This is so heartbreaking! I don't watch Basketball, however, I know who Bryant is. It's like you knew Michael Jordan even if you didn't watch Basketball.
I'm so sad to learn of his Daughter dying with him as well!
R.I.P and my condolences go out to everyone who was on that helicopter and all of their families.
 
Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I only watched a little basketball casually but I've always known who Kobe was. One of the biggest, most transcendent sportstars of the millennium. Everyone knew Kobe Bryant, I knew him before I knew of Michael Jordan and even after LeBron burst onto the scene, Kobe was forever my favorite.

I still can't wrap my head around this, and reading that Gianna has died too makes it so much worse. I'm seeing pics and videos of her attending games with Kobe, and she seems so cheerful and was an up and coming player too :(

I can't even imagine what Vanessa must be feeling right now, and her other daughters. Losing 2 members of your family at once, fuck.

RIP Mamba. Absolute legend and champ.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,025
Reactions Received
52,921
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,280
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
RIP n condolences to the surviving family members n friends.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread