- Joined
- 20 November 2018
- Messages
- 65,862
- Reactions Received
- 77,040
- Location
- Heaven
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 53,448
How is hangul described in Korea? An alphabet? syllabary? both? something else?
Oh, I don't know. I would think it's alphabetic syllabary. You should know, you are a Korean not meIt's an alphabet, some people have different opinions though.
@baekk
It's an alphabet, some people have different opinions though.
@baekk
Thank you!Oh, I don't know. I would think it's alphabetic syllabary.
I just wanted to know what Koreans themselves think about it, which may mean what they are taught in school.As it combines the features of alphabetic and syllabic writing systems, it has been described as an "alphabetic syllabary" by some linguists.
Would you say that this is the knowledge/opinion of most Koreans? Is this what's taught in school?It's an alphabet, some people have different opinions though.
@baekk
Hangul is refered to as the korean alphebet. It is a mixture of an alphabet and symbollic sounds/syllibals/words/etc.Would you say that this is the knowledge/opinion of most Koreans? Is this what's taught in school?
I was born in Ulsan. We were taught in school that its an alphabet. @baekk grew up in Seoul, she was taught differently than I was. Its in a matter of where you grew upWould you say that this is the knowledge/opinion of most Koreans? Is this what's taught in school?
I see. Thank you.I was born in Ulsan. We were taught in school that its an alphabet. @baekk grew up in Seoul, she was taught differently than I was. Its in a matter of where you grew up
No questions as of now, but I'll take your offer; I'll pm you whenever I have any question. Thank you.Hangul is refered to as the korean alphebet. It is a mixture of an alphabet and symbollic sounds/syllibals/words/etc.
If you have any questions let me know.