COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Kpop continues being shady- Yellow Bee member Ari alleges sexual harassment at the hands of manager and staff (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Source: Here

While many likely aren’t familiar with girl group Yellow Bee, they recently disbanded. Unfortunately, that isn’t the reason they’re in the news, as following the announcement, member Ari alleged that company staff sexually assaulted, harassed, and mistreated the members.

To begin, it’s important to note that the company bizarrely stated that the reason for disbandment was a member being promiscuous.

“Yellow Bee, who debuted in 2017, was preparing for their third digital album ‘DVD’ after a change in the member lineup. We had planned to continue Yellow Bee’s activities, but due to promiscuous behavior in member B’s private life, the agency and the members were unable to come to an agreement. Based on this, the agency made the internal decision to disband the group. We are deeply sorry to the fans who were waiting for the album.”
From there, Ari gave a detailed rebuttal and then talked about how the group had suffered under the company.

“The agency had stated that one of our members was promiscuous. I don’t know what the agency means by the word ‘promiscuous.’ Is it promiscuous if a man and a woman just stand together outside? Are all people promiscuous? It is absolutely not true that she was promiscuous. This is something the agency exaggerated. That member was not the one to engage in promiscuous behavior. In fact, it would not be wrong to say that it was the agency who engaged in such behavior. There were incidents of sexual harassment and sexual assault from the managers and agency staff.”
She then goes on to describe incidents for sexual assault and sexual harassment (as well as abuse of power).

“A staff member tried to drag one of the members to the practice room to sleep with her. Lots of people were present at the time, but only the other members stopped him from dragging her off. There were also instances where they asked us to call them “oppa” or touched our thighs. A former manager said unbelievable things like, ‘I’ll give you a baby so let’s go to a motel’ and ‘Daddy’s seeking you out because he knows you.’” There were also several incidents in which they would call us at dawn and ask us to serve alcohol to people whom they said were investors. We kept quiet and kept going because we wanted to be singers. These incidents were really shocking at the time and even now they remain traumatic memories.”
She also states other mistreatment suffered at the hands of the company like not being paid and doing all the work for the group themselves.

“Furthermore, we were never paid, and there were times when we had to pay for costumes, shoes, and video editing ourselves. We had to go to a Japanese event once, and the CEO had to leave for the airport at 5 a.m. But he said that he was the only one who could take us there, so he took us to the Gimpo Airport at 5 a.m. and gave us a card and told us to figure out our airplane tickets by ourselves. He then left us alone. We had never even bought plane tickets on our own before. Only the leader, Ryuhee, had a phone, so we had to contact various people in order to figure out how to get tickets. We had to get cheap tickets, so it took a long time. The takeoff time was 1 p.m., so we sat at Gimpo Airport for eight hours. The tickets were for Incheon Airport, so we took all our clothes, album posters, and personal items to the Incheon Airport by ourselves and boarded the plane. When we were in Japan, the five of us had to work alone without a single staff member. The people there knew that our CEO had returned to Korea by himself. This is not promiscuous behavior, but we were not treated properly. This inappropriate treatment is why we said we would quit the group, not because of a member’s promiscuous behavior. Everything I have written until now are only a few examples of the kind of treatment we received. From the very start, we were at odds with the agency because of what they called our promiscuous behavior. However, we ignored that and worked hard in order to achieve our debut, so it’s ridiculous that they would use that as an excuse for our disbandment. This was included in the certification of contents that we sent to the agency. The agency is making us look bad, and we don’t know how to respond, so I’ve appointed myself our representative to write this. Thank you for reading this long post.
Given that she’s speaking for the entire group, and that she provided compelling testimony, it’s hard not to believe the girls at this point. Especially true because even the company’s statement and reasoning gives me the creeps. Can’t recall when I’ve heard a company say that kind of thing in a disbandment notice that seems to drag them through the mud unnecessarily even if true.
First of all, the company trying to disband them by essentially saying a member was promiscuous is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a company. And judging by Ari's detailed claims and how she says all members went through the same I'm inclined to believe her.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Let me tell you why the company said one of the members was "promiscuous", they just wanted to get ahead of the sexual assault claims by making the girl seem like the bad, inappropriate one and spin the situation but not only sounds ill intentioned from the start, disbanding the whole group for the misbehavior of one member is also a way of silencing the other girls. It smells like rotten to me...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
It's absolutely sickening!
I didn't think that any company could be as bad as TS Entertainment, but it looks like we have a rival.
This also makes me think about how many more of these hidden cases there are? And are idols really ok behind closed doors?
The only way we know about it is if someone speaks up, like what happened with Mina from AOA, many artists from TS Entertainment, etc.
This is another example of companies not paying their artists and they are having to pay many things they need themselves.

I will say that a good thing has come out of all these abuses is the fact that they are more known to the public and idols are starting to speak up about it.

It's things like this that have made me quit kpop and I'm now only into 3 groups.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Let me tell you why the company said one of the members was "promiscuous", they just wanted to get ahead of the sexual assault claims by making the girl seem like the bad, inappropriate one and spin the situation but not only sounds ill intentioned from the start, disbanding the whole group for the misbehavior of one member is also a way of silencing the other girls. It smells like rotten to me...
Yep the company tried pulling a fast one, I've never seen a disbandment notice like this in all my years in Kpop. Disbanding an entire group because one member is "promiscuous" wtf :nayeonisdone:
They likely knew that this news could get out any day and wanted to get a headstart to control the narrative.

It's absolutely sickening!
I didn't think that any company could be as bad as TS Entertainment, but it looks like we have a rival.
This also makes me think about how many more of these hidden cases there are? And are idols really ok behind closed doors?
The only way we know about it is if someone speaks up, like what happened with Mina from AOA, many artists from TS Entertainment, etc.
This is another example of companies not paying their artists and they are having to pay many things they need themselves.

I will say that a good thing has come out of all these abuses is the fact that they are more known to the public and idols are starting to speak up about it.

It's things like this that have made me quit kpop and I'm now only into 3 groups.
Yep, and to think nobody might have even heard of it if the company didn't try blaming the members for the disbandment, makes you wonder how many more shady agencies and suffering groups there are and we never even hear about it.
That part where they had to serve alcohol to the investors too, many companies then also try forcing the members to go on "dates" with these much older men, in fact that is how former soloist G.Na. got tangled in the whole prostitution scandal if I remember correctly.

The company/CEO will likely attempt to sue them now for defamation or something, I hope the girls have receipts to show.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Yep the company tried pulling a fast one, I've never seen a disbandment notice like this in all my years in Kpop. Disbanding an entire group because one member is "promiscuous" wtf :nayeonisdone:
They likely knew that this news could get out any day and wanted to get a headstart to control the narrative.

Yep, and to think nobody might have even heard of it if the company didn't try blaming the members for the disbandment, makes you wonder how many more shady agencies and suffering groups there are and we never even hear about it.
That part where they had to serve alcohol to the investors too, many companies then also try forcing the members to go on "dates" with these much older men, in fact that is how former soloist G.Na. got tangled in the whole prostitution scandal if I remember correctly.

The company/CEO will likely attempt to sue them now for defamation or something, I hope the girls have receipts to show.
She also said that she hasn't told the full story which tells me that there is a lot more to this story that she has told. I think she either thinks it's too painful to tell more of the story or the story is so big, she couldn't fit it all in one post, or it could be both.

Yeah, I think there is going to be some court cases in the future and the company will do everything in it's power to make sure to bring the girls down, so I hope the girls are ready for whatever will come at them. It looks like many people, including fans and non-fans stand with them though which is a good thing.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
when has it not been shady?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread