Kpop songs about struggles of idol life (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I don’t know why but I am in the mood to listen to this kind of songs.

I already know :

Mamamoo-Sleep in the car



A gem inspired by the fact that Mamamoo often sleep in the car since they can’t sleep very much.

Chanyeol-Hand



About the consequences of fame

BTS-Sea



About the inconsistency of fame

BTS-Young Forever



It’s about the emptiness that they feel after leaving the stage.
 
Joined
6 April 2019
Messages
801
Reactions Received
3,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship


''Because of the endless schedule,
it’s not easy to see your face
Me inside the TV, you watching me on TV –
that’s how we date ''

''I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us''

''Because I’m an idol,
because I’m a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When I become more famous,
when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now''

:sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat:
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I knew about the Mamamoo and BTS songs, but I didn't know Chanyeol's Hand was about fame. I'll have to read the lyrics then.

I can't think of one off the top of my head that fits, sorry >.> but Woo Won Jae has a song about the difficulties of being a music artist while going to school which is interesting.



Also VIXX's I Don't Want to Be an Idol (since it has "idol" in the title that was the first that came to mind) but someone beat me too it.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship


''Because of the endless schedule,
it’s not easy to see your face
Me inside the TV, you watching me on TV –
that’s how we date ''

''I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us''

''Because I’m an idol,
because I’m a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When I become more famous,
when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now''

:sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat:
Thank you for making me discover this gem. Everything is beautiful and sad at the same time about it.

It’s quite horrible though when you think about it.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
This isn't quite exact either :wimwim: but Heize has a song called Dispatch about having to hide your relationship as a celebrity, which I feel applies to idols heavily.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I knew about the Mamamoo and BTS songs, but I didn't know Chanyeol's Hand was about fame. I'll have to read the lyrics then.

I can't think of one off the top of my head that fits, sorry >.> but Woo Won Jae has a song about the difficulties of being a music artist while going to school which is interesting.



Also VIXX's I Don't Want to Be an Idol (since it has "idol" in the title that was the first that came to mind) but someone beat me too it.
It’s not something that it’s really discussed but I know that it’s hard for idols who are still in high school to handle both activities. I think that it was a member of IKON ( Hanbin if I remember correctly) who said that he was sleeping during class because of exhaustion.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I knew about the Mamamoo and BTS songs, but I didn't know Chanyeol's Hand was about fame. I'll have to read the lyrics then.

I can't think of one off the top of my head that fits, sorry >.> but Woo Won Jae has a song about the difficulties of being a music artist while going to school which is interesting.



Also VIXX's I Don't Want to Be an Idol (since it has "idol" in the title that was the first that came to mind) but someone beat me too it.
This isn't quite exact either :wimwim: but Heize has a song called Dispatch about having to hide your relationship as a celebrity, which I feel applies to idols heavily.
Both songs are pretty good. :nekolove:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I dont know exactly which songs they are bit I think Stray Kids have a lot.

Theres also this song, but its a critique rather than something sad.

 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck


Zico‘s Battle Royal is a song about the competitiveness. It‘s so fitting for idol life.

His song Anti, Dead President, Dead Leaves and more have similar themes too.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I dont know exactly which songs they are bit I think Stray Kids have a lot.

Theres also this song, but its a critique rather than something sad.

The song and the mv are just so good and powerful I was shocked right from the start


Zico‘s Battle Royal is a song about the competitiveness. It‘s so fitting for idol life.

His song Anti, Dead President, Dead Leaves and more have similar themes too.
I will listen to these three songs too. Battle Royal is great.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship


''Because of the endless schedule,
it’s not easy to see your face
Me inside the TV, you watching me on TV –
that’s how we date ''

''I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us''

''Because I’m an idol,
because I’m a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When I become more famous,
when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now''

:sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat:
That title leaves no room for interpretation :nekosweat:
 
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
bang yongguk's hikikomori isn't blatently about idol life but i feel like it reflected his depression, panic disorder and some effects that idol life can have. it's very dear to my heart because the lyrics remind me of how i was when my mental health was at it's worst.

"if you love me can't you leave me alone. you make a fool out of me."
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen and yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
bang yongguk's hikikomori isn't blatently about idol life but i feel like it reflected his depression, panic disorder and some effects that idol life can have. it's very dear to my heart because the lyrics remind me of how i was when my mental health was at it's worst.

"if you love me can't you leave me alone. you make a fool out of me."
I know it. This song is a masterpiece.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread