COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Kpop vs Jpop: cultural differences (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
jpop feels a lot more open at times when it comes to race
I also like their stage outfits better, it’s a hit or miss but I like the effort out into them
and I feel like the industry is more open? like it’s easier to see the darker side of it, heck it was an open secret that Johnny was a p*do even if the media was too scared to post about it when he was alive
thank you for your input. wow, that last sentence though ughh. that got me.
though I have to admit, I feel like you are right with openness when it comes to style Japan seems to be more open to "oddness" and experientialism in general. it might not be my cup of tea, but I like the idea of it, I like that artists are allowed to be creative.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
KEN THE 390, SKI-HI, REICHI, CHANMINA, Elle Teresa
that´s hip hop? indie? or something for me? should I take notes? yes? yes?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
So to answer your question... I like Japanese music way much more and it was always the case even when I was into Kpop :D
I mean I like a certain type of concept which you rarely find outside of Japan ... Just listen to Neo Japonism and you'll understand

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
thank you for your input. wow, that last sentence though ughh. that got me.
though I have to admit, I feel like you are right with openness when it comes to style Japan seems to be more open to "oddness" and experientialism in general. it might not be my cup of tea, but I like the idea of it, I like that artists are allowed to be creative.
yeah that interview with the former johnny boy from earlier this year really hurt when he said that he didn’t know whether it was consensual when some boys slept with management to have debut priority... they deleted that off the interview website but the screenshots are still out there

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
that´s hip hop? indie? or something for me? should I take notes? yes? yes?
I’d recommend pain is beauty for chanmina
look at me now by sudannayuzuyully has a cute MV too
femm has a neat concept, not sure if you’d like the music though

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
So to answer your question... I like Japanese music way much more and it was always the case even when I was into Kpop :D
I mean I like a certain type of concept which you rarely find outside of Japan ... Just listen to Neo Japonism and you'll understand
I have listened to it and I find it a bit "extra" for me. too loud, too different. but I understand the fascination, I really like that they are not afraid to experiment and that it is appreciated. it is just not entirely my style. but I support that simply for the sake of always supporting people doing what they love.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I have listened to it and I find it a bit "extra" for me. too loud, too different. but I understand the fascination, I really like that they are not afraid to experiment and that it is appreciated. it is just not entirely my style. but I support that simply for the sake of always supporting people doing what they love.
No problem :nayeonisdone:
I can get why you wouldn’t love that much

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
Something that I have not seen mentioned is that jpop idols are more about growth. They are the imperfect performers that you can watch across their careers and see them get better and better. Kpop lacks that human perspective focusing instead on talent and skill, so much training is put into them.

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I used to listen to traditional japanese idol pop but that's almost not the case anymore
I haven't rly been into any idol stuff so I mostly have to go what I have heard and seen other people say about it :jisoosmh: (+few mv's I have seen). I guess Babymetal are kind of pop idols so maybe I listen one idol group :dubuthink: But other than them I have always just listened japanese artists who are outside of idol culture- first visual kei then more of jrock and now ... indie pop and anison? idk how to define it under one term xd

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Something that I have not seeing mentioned is that jpop idols are more about growth. They are the imperfect performers that you can watch across their careers and see them get better and better. Kpop lacks that human perspective focusing instead on talent and skill, so much training is put into them.
Maybe that's why people are so into shows like Produce. Cause they include trainees who still have lot to learn- and lot of the popular ones are those who started in F groups there cause people like to watch the journey :dubuthink:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I haven't rly been into any idol stuff so I mostly have to go what I have heard and seen other people say about it :jisoosmh: (+few mv's I have seen). I guess Babymetal are kind of pop idols so maybe I listen one idol group :dubuthink: But other than them I have always just listened japanese artists who are outside of idol culture- first visual kei then more of jrock and now ... indie pop and anison? idk how to define it under one term xd
I enjoy jrock and indie too :taemsip:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I enjoy jrock and indie too :taemsip:
Japan has lot of variety in the music scene, in Korea most of pop music is idol pop. Even lot of rock and hip hop are made by idols xd

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Japan has lot of variety in the music scene, in Korea most of pop music is idol pop. Even lot of rock and hip hop are made by idols xd
True that’s why I am more into Japanese music

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread