That's dedication, but it shows the type of person that you are, hard-working and caring. That's lucky though, I always wonder how things could've been different had other things happened or I never found out about something. But it's good that you've found something that I suppose you already had an interest in (-ish). I wish you all the luck in your studies, but i don't think you will need it :^)
I suppose that you could call it long-term. As a child, I went through the multiple stages of wanting different careers, popstar, police, actor, vet and then I got generally interested in taking the path of law (Though I was aspiring to be a lawyer) and for 8-9 years of my life, I've always been geared towards something in law, then I got to speak with a career/future advisor who listened to my interests, and also recommended for me to read into being a solicitor and ever since, i've set my eyes on the prize.
Let's go for a basic easy question, what's your favourite colour?