- Joined
- 25 October 2023
- Messages
- 9,332
- Reactions Received
- 8,650
- Location
- east egg
- Website
- scratch.mit.edu
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 42,566
- Fandom
- STAY
- Gender
- Female
WARNING: do not say anything bad abt my mom, I'm just looking for advice on this situation
So I asked my mom and brother their thought on age regression as a coping mechanism. My brother didn't say anything on it but looked a little annoyed at the question, on the other hand, my mom said that it's not a healthy way to cope bc the people who do regress don't have control over it. I then explained to her that there's involuntary and voluntary regression and she said that hadn't heard of voluntary regression before which is fair. She had also said that she didn't think it was a good way to cope with things and that she wouldn't recommend it. She also originally said that people who age regress have a personality disorder and have mental issues...to which she says I don't have any...
I do, but it's not that severe of what she's referring to but I do have a perfectly valid reason as to why I found this coping mechanism to work after all the others I tried didn't work. I finally found something that helps me cope with my childhood and current life.
I was hoping for a more positive response to tell my mom abt me being a regressor but i don't think I'm going to do it. So far it's only a couple close friends and a few people online
So I asked my mom and brother their thought on age regression as a coping mechanism. My brother didn't say anything on it but looked a little annoyed at the question, on the other hand, my mom said that it's not a healthy way to cope bc the people who do regress don't have control over it. I then explained to her that there's involuntary and voluntary regression and she said that hadn't heard of voluntary regression before which is fair. She had also said that she didn't think it was a good way to cope with things and that she wouldn't recommend it. She also originally said that people who age regress have a personality disorder and have mental issues...to which she says I don't have any...
I do, but it's not that severe of what she's referring to but I do have a perfectly valid reason as to why I found this coping mechanism to work after all the others I tried didn't work. I finally found something that helps me cope with my childhood and current life.
I was hoping for a more positive response to tell my mom abt me being a regressor but i don't think I'm going to do it. So far it's only a couple close friends and a few people online