COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Lockdown has been reimposed in my suburb... (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
So my country (Australia) went into lockdown and because our cases were low, the lockdown was lifted and most states went back to their daily activities and other states were slowly returning back to normal. But then suddenly, after the lock down was lifted there was a surge of new cases in my state because people didn't follow social distancing rules and we had the most cases we've ever had and the numbers are growing daily. I think we have now surpassed 1000 cases and because of that, the premier re-imposed a lockdown on the suburbs with the most cases. So they just announced that they will be re-imposing the lockdown in 10 postcodes and mine is one of those postcodes. We're also going to have police at standby at the borders stopping people who leave these suburbs. They're also doing door to door testing which I guess is a good thing...? But sadly the lockdown will last for 4 weeks and that's literally how long my uni break will go for. I was so excited since this is my first break since semester 1 last year since I also did summer school this year. :yolk: I have also been staying up until midnight just to book classes at my gym but that was all useless since it's closing up again... This really sucks. Why do people have to be so stupid for. The suburb with the most cases is my neighbouring suburb and I'm not even surprised considering how stupid the people from that suburb are known to be. They really are ruining everything for all of us.

Anyway, I guess my self-pity/mini rant is over now. The irony is that the last time I made a thread about lockdown, I told you all that we will not be having a lockdown at all in my country because corona wasn't serious here. Look at us now lol.

On the bright side, I'm glad the government is actually doing something about it and not acting like it's not a serious problem or disregarding it altogether :wimwim:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
oh hun I am so sorry. Hopefully the lockdown won’t stay for too long

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
So sorry for ur uni break coinciding with re-lockdown. Second wave is a thing ig.
Were u on campus earlier or all online? Sorry i dont keep track of everyone's online/distance learning. I remember u were so glad to hv done semester/uni n get a break for awhile. Sorry tat sucks tat ur break will be this way in lockdown. Stay safe n well.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
So sorry for ur uni break coinciding with re-lockdown. Second wave is a thing ig.
Were u on campus earlier or all online? Sorry i dont keep track of everyone's online/distance learning. I remember u were so glad to hv done semester/uni n get a break for awhile. Sorry tat sucks tat ur break will be this way in lockdown. Stay safe n well.
We were on campus the first three weeks and then it was moved to online. Our uni acted fast so even before the lockdown was imposed, they moved everything. So literally everything just started to open up during the last few weeks of the semester only to close up again now. It has only been 2 days since my final exam :(
Yeh, I took summer school this year so I have only had about a week off since June last year so I was really looking forward to this break. I guess I can really take this time to recuperate now but it would have been nice to have been allowed to leave my house. I had so much planned for this break.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Why must stupid people ruin life for everyone :jisoosmh:
I wish I knew.
The funny thing is, this is all happening because of them but they're also the ones to complain over the strict restrictions. Maybe if you people weren't such idiots... :irenecrazy:
This guy literally went on to the news and said that he thinks Corona is a sham and if he wants to kiss and hug people, then he will and COVID can't stop him from doing it. He really made us laugh but then we realised he was being serious... he's also from the suburb that has the most cases so am I really surprised?

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I wish I knew.
The funny thing is, this is all happening because of them but they're also the ones to complain over the strict restrictions. Maybe if you people weren't such idiots... :irenecrazy:
This guy literally went on to the news and said that he thinks Corona is a sham and if he wants to kiss and hug people, then he will and COVID can't stop him from doing it. He really made us laugh but then we realised he was being serious... he's also from the suburb that has the most cases so am I really surprised?
Why does he want to kiss and hug people though :worry:
I hope he doesn't mean strangers

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Why does he want to kiss and hug people though :worry:
I hope he doesn't mean strangers
LOL he meant family and friends... I think. He was an Arab and they kiss and hug when they greet each other. This area (that I live in) is mostly Arabs and Turks and we don't end at just a handshake or a simple greeting when we meet. Even if we barely know their names or if it's our first meeting, it's hugs and kisses when we're saying hello and bye :haylul:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
In my country the reopening starts today with some restrictions, but the cases keep growing and growing because people are unable to follow the social distancing rules. We have presidential elections this Sunday but I'm almost certain that we'll be back into lockdown soon after the elections, people here don't care anymore and seem to think the virus is gone...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread