math teachers are the fbi (1 Viewer)

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
you cannot trust them :zoomeyes:


me in math class: :sanathink: and that is not due to me not understanding the work. IT IS BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND HER LOGIC!!

i do so much work in her class. she gives us homework every day, we constantly do projects, and she gives of classwork. but she doesn't put anything in the grade book. my grade has moved up one point (a 88 to an 89) this whole quarter. I have an 89 in her class and it has stayed like that for the past QUATER! like how sis...how? and how is my grade an 89 when I do all my work in that class and pass with an 80+. she even said she doesn't grade homework! WHY ASSIGN IT THEN?:pepecry1:

make it make sense!!:irenecrazy:
 

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Is it normal to grade homework? :dubuthink:
yes, especially when it takes you a long time to do so. if you're going to assign it, grade it. rather than have students to waste their time.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
yes, especially when it takes you a long time to do so. if you're going to assign it, grade it. rather than have students to waste their time.
It doesn't get usually graded here other than did it /didn't do it :jisoosmh:

I don't think it's waste of time though since it's for learning process and doing better on exams then? :dubuthink:
 

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
It doesn't get usually graded here other than did it /didn't do it :jisoosmh:

I don't think it's waste of time though since it's for learning process and doing better on exams then? :dubuthink:
In my case (i can't speak for all) I already know the work so there is no need for extra work. If she isn't going to grade it, why should I even do it? She even takes it up and they lay in a pile collecting dust. It's aggravating to see my hard work not benefit my grade. It just annoys me to see my effort being wasted.

On the other hand, I agree. The homework is okay for some students as it helps with the learning process. Homework reflects if you really understand whats going on.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I think the logic behind homework is to help you understand and learn the content better. I have never had my homework graded in high school even though the teachers still checked that it was done. It's a drag but it's there to help us.

Also, if your grades are all in the 80s for your assignments and tests, then the likelihood of your average not being in the 80s is literally impossible (unless you get extra credit somehow). But 89 is still a pretty great score so well done! It's not worth being upset over a grade that high.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
some teachers just don't make sense
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
my geometry teacher doesnt explain things well enough. I already have a hard time understanding things and he's just making it more difficult>:( i'm surprised i even have a decent grade in this class oof-
 

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I think the logic behind homework is to help you understand and learn the content better. I have never had my homework graded in high school even though the teachers still checked that it was done. It's a drag but it's there to help us.

Also, if your grades are all in the 80s for your assignments and tests, then the likelihood of your average not being in the 80s is literally impossible (unless you get extra credit somehow). But 89 is still a pretty great score so well done! It's not worth being upset over a grade that high.
i don't get all 80's in the class, they are all an 80 or higher lol. She doesn't put some of classwork grades into the grade book T-T. You're right though, homework is here to help us, I'm just frustrated that my effort is going to waste. I'm just upset that I have an 89, I strive to earn all A's but my math grade is in the way. My grade still averages out to an A, I'm just upset due to my effort being ignored.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy and yeji

melancholia

i love yall <3
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,178
Reactions Received
14,722
Location
twice and loona's heart
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
my geometry teacher doesnt explain things well enough. I already have a hard time understanding things and he's just making it more difficult>:( i'm surprised i even have a decent grade in this class oof-
Try using Khan Academy. When I study it really helps me out
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread