News Melon Announces Muted Streams Will No Longer Count Towards Its Charts (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,059
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
I mean YouTube already does this through their player so I'd imagine that it's the same and Melon is tracking on their own player so muting the tab it wouldn't be able to track still
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,668
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
Just ditch the platform pays pennies for one stream. They get more money from apple music and spotify
Not possible Kakao owns Melon and owns the distribution rights to a large chunk of Kpop and we've seen their hand when Spotify first came into Korea that ended up with Kakao pulling their catalog of artists from Spotify until an agreement was made.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,059
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
So after much thought I realized I had a solution. When I was in college I had to watch these really stupid video's where the narrator made me want to kill myself. If you muted it in anyway the video would stop and not let you continue and your time wouldn't get counted. So being the devious ass hole that I am I plugged in some cheap earbuds and riped the earbuds off the wires. Problem. Solved. FU Melon!
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri
Joined
6 October 2021
Messages
15,961
Reactions Received
15,086
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
69,032
Fandom
Stay
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Not possible Kakao owns Melon and owns the distribution rights to a large chunk of Kpop and we've seen their hand when Spotify first came into Korea that ended up with Kakao pulling their catalog of artists from Spotify until an agreement was made.
The fuckers
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,053
Reactions Received
98,810
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
349,118
Ship
Wreck
Not possible Kakao owns Melon and owns the distribution rights to a large chunk of Kpop and we've seen their hand when Spotify first came into Korea that ended up with Kakao pulling their catalog of artists from Spotify until an agreement was made.
oh I did not know Melon is owned by Kakao... so now Spotify has to pay kakao?
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,053
Reactions Received
98,810
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
349,118
Ship
Wreck
So after much thought I realized I had a solution. When I was in college I had to watch these really stupid video's where the narrator made me want to kill myself. If you muted it in anyway the video would stop and not let you continue and your time wouldn't get counted. So being the devious ass hole that I am I plugged in some cheap earbuds and riped the earbuds off the wires. Problem. Solved. FU Melon!
:soob: ok... do you even use Melon??
 
  • Wow
Reactions: StirFriedPanda
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,059
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
I don't see the tyranny, why should muted streams be tracked? People should stop with this behaviour and do not forcefully stream music they are not even listening too
Muted streams shoudn't be tracked. It's just not ok with them to know I've muted my computer.
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,053
Reactions Received
98,810
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
349,118
Ship
Wreck
Muted streams shoudn't be tracked. It's just not ok with them to know I've muted my computer.
you understand melon is just a music streaming service like spotify or youtube? So they know if you mute their app

If you suspect them to access your computer in any way, whey do you not get mad at youtube too, as Abe just said here, they are doing the exact same and you actually use youtube
 
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,059
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
you understand melon is just a music streaming service like spotify or youtube? So they know if you mute their app

If you suspect them to access your computer in any way, whey do you not get mad at youtube too, as Abe just said here, they are doing the exact same and you actually use youtube
The google cannot be avoided. Them and Amazon have divided the world.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread