News Melon Music Award Winners 2020 (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Artist of the Year: BTS

Album of the Year: BTS - Map of the Soul: 7

Song of the Year: BTS - 'Dynamite'

Top 10 Bonsang Award:
BTS, Black Pink, EXO Baekhyun, IU, Baek Yerin, Im Young Woong, IZ*ONE, Kim Ho Joong, Oh My Girl and Zico.

Best Ballad - DAVICHI - 'Dear'

Best Rap/Hip-Hop - DAMOIM (YUMDDA, The Quiett, Deepflow, Simon Dominic) - 'IMMADO'

Best R&B/Soul - Baek Yerin - 'Square (2017)'

Best Indie - BOL4 - Leo feat. Baekhyun

Best OST - Jo Jung Suk - 'Aloha'

Best Rock: IU - 'Eight (Prod. & Feat. Suga of BTS)'

Best New Artist (Male): Cravity

Best New Artist (Female): Weeekly 위클리

1theK original contents Award: THE BOYZ

Best Songwriter: Young Tak

Best Performance Director: Son Sung Deuk

Best Dance (Male): BTS - 'Dynamite'

Best Dance (Female): BLACKPINK - 'How You Like That'

Best Performance: MONSTA X

Best Trot: Lim Youngwoong

Hot Trend Award: Trotman 6

Best Pop: Sam Smith - 'To Die For'

Netizen's Choice: BTS

@Boy Group @Girl Group @ARMY @Blink @Exo-L @Luvity @The B @BBC @Wiz*one @Monbebe @loBoly @Miracle​
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
SVT didn't get bonsang OR best dance..... wtf
Bonsang I can understand since they're not very strong digitally compared to the other winners and MMA is basically about performance on the Melon charts but I agree that they were a strong contender for best dance. I think NCT could have also won best dance but they had one award to give and they went with BTS... I don't know why they gave it to Dynamite out of all songs though. That's their most basic choreo. Black Swan would have been a better choice.

Honestly I personally think most of these awards were fitting. Melon seems to be the most legit out of all award shows since it's actually based on data + it's not just an attendance show. If there's anything I would nitpick at it's that RV didn't even get a bonsang when Psycho was one of the most successful idol songs of the year and didn't fall off the charts the whole year. It's very qualified to at least be awarded a Bonsang.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Bonsang I can understand since they're not very strong digitally compared to the other winners and MMA is basically about performance on the Melon charts but I agree that they were a strong contender for best dance. I think NCT could have also won best dance but they had one award to give and they went with BTS... I don't know why they gave it to Dynamite out of all songs though. That's their most basic choreo. Black Swan would have been a better choice.

Honestly I personally think most of these awards were fitting. Melon seems to be the most legit out of all award shows since it's actually based on data + it's not just an attendance show. If there's anything I would nitpick at it's that RV didn't even get a bonsang when Psycho was one of the most successful idol songs of the year and didn't fall off the charts the whole year. It's very qualified to at least be awarded a Bonsang.
Yeah I can overall agree with the results, just bummed that SVT got nothing despite being so popular
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Yeah I can overall agree with the results, just bummed that SVT got nothing despite being so popular
They'll have a better chance at winning on the other shows that have a higher weighting for physical sales. They should definitely bag a win a MAMA at least. Would be surprising if they don't.
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
SVT didn't get bonsang OR best dance..... wtf
Feels like the only thing SVT and MX are mostly always, and only, nominated for is best performance and best dance, which they deserve and much more besides that:lazypotato:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
OMG WEEEKLY WON
 
Joined
1 August 2019
Messages
2,819
Reactions Received
4,468
Location
☾ the other side of the moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,802
Fandom
☾ gg stan ☽
Gender
Bi-Gender
Pronouns
☾ he/she ☽
congratulations to all the winners !! :sanapray: i'm so proud of weeekly
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
bts awards...
this will kill this show cause just boring

i feel if you win album of the year...
song of the year shouldn't be won to the same group...

best male dance... dynamite... are they serious...
like yes bts are good dancers... but dynamite
nct, seventeen, or straykids should of won that for this year
Nct = kick it
seventeen = mymy
straykids = gods menu [i think its this one]
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Blackpink and Oh My Girl getting wins that they deserve :sanapray:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Pretty sure Melon gives out the dance award based on popularity of the dance and not the actual skill involved as even the first winners of it are Block Bs Her and Apinks Mr. Chu and in that regard Dynamite and How You Like That are fitting wins just from reach of the groups.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Okay, but can we acknowledge that Hong Jinyoung didn't win Best Trot for the first time in 50 years? 2020 is really a yearw without chill.
I mean, she's one of the most hated artists this year because of her grad school scam. K-Nets probably would have burned Melon down if she won. Also 2020 really was the year of trot. All the grandmas re-lived their first love experience again with Im Young Woong lol.

I'm honestly actually more surprised that Twice didn't win a single award. They didn't have a great year but not even best dance? I'm surprised Melon didn't even make up an award for them.
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I mean, she's one of the most hated artists this year because of her grad school scam. K-Nets probably would have burned Melon down if she won. Also 2020 really was the year of trot. All the grandmas re-lived their first love experience again with Im Young Woong lol.

I'm honestly actually more surprised that Twice didn't win a single award. They didn't have a great year but not even best dance? I'm surprised Melon didn't even make up an award for them.
Wait I'm unaware, is there a thread about the scam?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread