- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,384
- Reactions Received
- 151,392
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,595
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
Oh shit, they really did that
Community led public safety, I'm not certain what that means but apparently its been proven to workAnd what's going to replace the police?
![]()
All I can think of is a bunch of batmans running around, Jimimis approvedCommunity led public safety
As much as I'd love for this to work... I doubt it heavily and my sisters been talking about it too and every time she starts we get back to the question "yea, but why should people care enough?", especially when there are no real rules or anything set in place for this CLPS, Police had this but it was fucked up and they essentially had no reason to actually protect people which is just idiotic... and that part should be changed and so many others but damn I don't think leaving it all on CLPS will do the trick.Community led public safety, I'm not certain what that means but apparently its been proven to work
Yeah it's a bitI'm just weirded out by the whole concept. Like sure the police needs serious reforms and maybe it can only be reformed enough if it's first disbanded. But like police as concept is not sth bad and there isn't alternative. I haven't even heard of community led public safety before. What country has it? Every country i know of has police.
What about the violent crimes though? It's true it'll help a lot with a drop in crime but theres always those couple of people who dont care and just want to do harm.Now that it's actually been explained to me, I whole heatedly agree with the decision.
They're reallocating the funds the police department would get to other services (like homeless shelters, domestic violence centers, social services) that are honestly better equipped to handle these matters in the first place. As well as taking funds and investing it into education, health services, food and business to booster the city which also leads to a sharp drop in crime.
Who handles murders will be interesting to see
Yeah that still needs to be figured out.What about the violent crimes though? It's true it'll help a lot with a drop in crime but theres always those couple of people who dont care and just want to do harm.
Yeah as long as they think it through I'm fine with it. I just hope they don't do it too drastically.Yeah that still needs to be figured out.
I'm sure that they'll come up with a smaller, less funded and reformed version of a law enforcement department.
It's gonna take years to implement.