Appreciation Monster Hunter (1 Viewer)

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
After giving up on the psp Monster Hunter for me failing the missions too much, I started Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on 3ds.

Do you play Monster Hunter?



The intro is so funny, I imagine this directed by Michael Bay
 
Last edited:

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Ngl I tried a Monster Hunter demo on the switch and it just wasn't for me. But maybe the others might be better idk~
I'll try it when I have my unlocked switch

The games are too expensive xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I defeated a Seltas somehow
(after letting it run for 7 areas lol)

I think there's hope :sanapray:
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
That moment you are in a desert and forgot to bring wetstones

I thought I would never kill that giant crab
 
  • Like
Reactions: SiggyStan
Joined
22 July 2019
Messages
94
Reactions Received
263
Location
City of Suits
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I tried to play it MH:4U on the 2DS and couldn't make it past the Pink Rathalos. Switched to MH:World on my PS4 and slapped everything on the way to end game. I used to help groups clear monsters and teach them how to hunt. After i cleared everything, I stopped playing the game for a year and now have come back in anticipation of the IceBourne expansion. I now suck and almost got carted by a sodding Kulu Yaku. :pandanoreaction:
Anyways, I've played Dauntless, now that it has released on PS4, and its helped me get gud again a little faster. You should try Dauntless if you have a major console as it's an easier Monster Hunter that's free. I'm actually surprised no one is talking about MH here since it is absolutely HUGE in the east. I guess this being a forum for Kpop I-fans would explain why.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I tried to play it MH:4U on the 2DS and couldn't make it past the Pink Rathalos. Switched to MH:World on my PS4 and slapped everything on the way to end game. I used to help groups clear monsters and teach them how to hunt. After i cleared everything, I stopped playing the game for a year and now have come back in anticipation of the IceBourne expansion. I now suck and almost got carted by a sodding Kulu Yaku. :pandanoreaction:
Anyways, I've played Dauntless, now that it has released on PS4, and its helped me get gud again a little faster. You should try Dauntless if you have a major console as it's an easier Monster Hunter that's free. I'm actually surprised no one is talking about MH here since it is absolutely HUGE in the east. I guess this being a forum for Kpop I-fans would explain why.
On PS4 it's World, right?

I usually suck at games, but Monster Hunter is not so frustrating once you learn it.
And you always keep learning new ways to hunt, what makes it cool.

I think I'll be a heavy bow gun user now, it's easy to figure the monster HP comparing the data from kiranico and the number of bullets shot.
And online it's even easier because you can camp if you are playing with at least 2 more people.
 
Joined
22 July 2019
Messages
94
Reactions Received
263
Location
City of Suits
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Oh dang, I didn't even realize you meant MH:4U when you meant the Switch. I didn't know that game was on there. From what I played, I prefer MH:4U to World since Ultimate seemed harder and there was more of a social aspect. I'll probably slap if I replay the game now by using a switch controller and the knowledge I accumulated from playing both games.

My favorite weapons are the charge blade, switch axe, and hunting horn. If I had to go ranged, I preferred the light bow gun. Don't think I could camp though as it doesn't fit my playstyle and I would get bored pretty quick.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Oh dang, I didn't even realize you meant MH:4U when you meant the Switch. I didn't know that game was on there. From what I played, I prefer MH:4U to World since Ultimate seemed harder and there was more of a social aspect. I'll probably slap if I replay the game now by using a switch controller and the knowledge I accumulated from playing both games.

My favorite weapons are the charge blade, switch axe, and hunting horn. If I had to go ranged, I preferred the light bow gun. Don't think I could camp though as it doesn't fit my playstyle and I would get bored pretty quick.
Oh just noticed i messed up in the thread, 4u is for 3ds, i was playing it at the time lol

But now I'm playing only the Switch one, that is Monster hunter generations ultimate (which is the english version of XX)

I even bought the physical copy
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I like to use poison/thunder LS too, I think it's the weapon I suck less.

Specially aerial/ striker style.

I can kinda go with GS and hammer too.

I used to go with valor gunlance but i'm not very efficient with it... Maybe I'll try it with other styles once i finish village 6
 
Joined
22 July 2019
Messages
94
Reactions Received
263
Location
City of Suits
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Oh just noticed i messed up in the thread, 4u is for 3ds, i was playing it at the time lol

But now I'm playing only the Switch one, that is Monster hunter generations ultimate (which is the english version of XX)

I even bought the physical copy
I thought MH:4U was available for the switch. Difficult to play with a handheld when my hands are so big. :umjicry:
Oh well, I'll gladly play a new game in MH:CrossU if I ever get a switch. Heard it's better than World from some hardcore MH fans.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I thought MH:4U was available for the switch. Difficult to play with a handheld when my hands are so big. :umjicry:
Oh well, I'll gladly play a new game in MH:CrossU if I ever get a switch. Heard it's better than World from some hardcore MH fans.
Yeah its kinda the definitive version bc it has all the monsters.

They should use some ideas from World though if they continue the main series. The drinking potion pose must go away xD

I still didnt play World, I might get it on steam someday. The price is very nice.
 
Joined
22 July 2019
Messages
94
Reactions Received
263
Location
City of Suits
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Yeah its kinda the definitive version bc it has all the monsters.

They should use some ideas from World though if they continue the main series. The drinking potion pose must go away xD

I still didnt play World, I might get it on steam someday. The price is very nice.
I'd definitely recommend it if you can get it on the cheap. The fights with the higher rank monsters can get pretty tense, especially with the improved graphics, and there are plenty of "QoL" improvements or downright simplified mechanics if you aren't having a more complicated hunting system. I just wish the end game was better since "Tempered" and "Arch-tempered" can get stale.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Doing G2 was so much fun, G3 was meh...

It's so easy when you know what you are doing lol

I hope in G4 everyone goes sleep bombing.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,511
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I played MHW (Monster Hunter World) and there are a lot of things to like and dislike about it.
The combat feels sluggish for me. If you miss a monster with a hit, you are basically spammed by the monster and that is annoying...

Also it's too heavily team invested. I know that is what the main intention of the developers was for this game.
But I want to go solo at least more than a couple of times....

The cat friend you get with you is one of the main reasons I have love for this game. (Palico)

I don't find the gameplay a chore at all. Just the reasons I stated is why I put this off for several months.
In closing it is a great game. Just need to get 'amongst' it more I suppose?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread