- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 17,947
- Reactions Received
- 38,146
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 16,470
- Fandom
- inspirit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Goddess
- Ship
- Wreck
So I think everyone can agree there are different emotions that people feel and when someone pisses you off you tend to rant about it to your friends. Well, there is a co-worker at my job who basically everyone else can't stand. It's not like he's a monster or anything but he's really unlikeable and he seems to think anytime someone is mean to him or rude because he just grinds everyone the wrong way that we are being mean to him and that he did nothing to instigate it.
Well anyway, I think it's kind of normal to rant to your friends when someone pisses you off. You can rant about someone without having ill intentions. Most of the time it's just to blow off some steam you know? So the main issue is my one co-worker was ranting to me about something he did that was honestly him overstepping and saying something he shouldn't and how it really pissed her off. Her and I walked out into the hall and he happened to be there but she didn't realize it so I made a noise telling her to be quiet. She went quiet, and I changed the subject.
Well anyway, he overheard part of that conversation and today while I was alone with him he brought it up and said he knows we were shit talking him. I apologized of course because I do feel kind of bad for the dude, he's the only co-worker that NONE of us get along with and in a sense he has to feel that a bit??
But at the same time would you consider what she was doing shit talking? Or was it just considered that because he overheard it?
Is it something to apologize for as well?
What is your take on it and have you ever been in a similar situation? Keep in mind in this I was just listening to her rant-though I can say I've ranted about him a fair amount myself. I just don't think he knows it.
Also, the moral dilemma for me is that I do feel bad that he overheard it and that it upset him but also I don't think it's really wrong to rant out of frustration.
Well anyway, I think it's kind of normal to rant to your friends when someone pisses you off. You can rant about someone without having ill intentions. Most of the time it's just to blow off some steam you know? So the main issue is my one co-worker was ranting to me about something he did that was honestly him overstepping and saying something he shouldn't and how it really pissed her off. Her and I walked out into the hall and he happened to be there but she didn't realize it so I made a noise telling her to be quiet. She went quiet, and I changed the subject.
Well anyway, he overheard part of that conversation and today while I was alone with him he brought it up and said he knows we were shit talking him. I apologized of course because I do feel kind of bad for the dude, he's the only co-worker that NONE of us get along with and in a sense he has to feel that a bit??
But at the same time would you consider what she was doing shit talking? Or was it just considered that because he overheard it?
Is it something to apologize for as well?
What is your take on it and have you ever been in a similar situation? Keep in mind in this I was just listening to her rant-though I can say I've ranted about him a fair amount myself. I just don't think he knows it.
Also, the moral dilemma for me is that I do feel bad that he overheard it and that it upset him but also I don't think it's really wrong to rant out of frustration.
Last edited: