My dog surprised me a bit (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,395
Reactions Received
151,406
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So my dog isn’t great with commands usually, she’s better when we have a treat but still not always the best (in part because of our training skills, I know). She’s always been pretty good at “leave it” and “take it”, but we always set it up by putting a treat down, telling her to leave it, and then making her wait 5 seconds or so before telling her to take it. I got curious what would happen if I left rather than being there to watch over her. The first time I tried it by going into the next room and sitting on the couch to see if she’d still listen and still leave it. She did so successfully. Then I went even farther, I went all the way down the stairs and waited a couple seconds. My mom, who was in the same room as my dog but was occupied and not hovering over her at all, said she absolutely stared the piece of meat to death, but she didn’t move towards it at all until I told her she could. She seems pretty good at those two commands, she’s never had any issue. Now if only she always listened that well for other commands :haylul:
 
  • Love
Reactions: StirFriedPanda
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,464
Reactions Received
39,096
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,793
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
So my dog isn’t great with commands usually, she’s better when we have a treat but still not always the best (in part because of our training skills, I know). She’s always been pretty good at “leave it” and “take it”, but we always set it up by putting a treat down, telling her to leave it, and then making her wait 5 seconds or so before telling her to take it. I got curious what would happen if I left rather than being there to watch over her. The first time I tried it by going into the next room and sitting on the couch to see if she’d still listen and still leave it. She did so successfully. Then I went even farther, I went all the way down the stairs and waited a couple seconds. My mom, who was in the same room as my dog but was occupied and not hovering over her at all, said she absolutely stared the piece of meat to death, but she didn’t move towards it at all until I told her she could. She seems pretty good at those two commands, she’s never had any issue. Now if only she always listened that well for other commands
German Shepard Dogs are amazing! :dogsmile:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,180
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,696
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
At least you got some communication
you would rather an attentive dog than a useless one
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread