My favorite German word (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Groß. For those who don’t know ß sounds closest to ss or s. So it could be read like English gross :uwu:
I also like bleistift (pencil) but that’s for a different reason.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,063
Reactions Received
52,511
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,093
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I am not good with german, but what you said is interesting.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,437
Reactions Received
41,068
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
239,619
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think the "o" in Groß is not the same as in gross, the pronunciation is closer to the "ó" letter in my language, which is interesting cuz German and Hungarian languages are totally different.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think the "o" in Groß is not the same as in gross, the pronunciation is closer to the "ó" letter in my language, which is interesting cuz German and Hungarian languages are totally different.
I don’t think they’re exactly the same yeah since iirc ß and s and ss in German all sound different/change the sound of the vowel before, but it’s close enough for me :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Boyo

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,437
Reactions Received
41,068
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
239,619
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don’t think they’re exactly the same yeah since iirc ß and s and ss in German all sound different/change the sound of the vowel before, but it’s close enough for me :haylul:
Yeah. I studied German for 11 years and after 3 years of not speaking, I forget it all. That kinda shows that it's not the easiest language. Or at least, to me. :scree:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah. I studied German for 11 years and after 3 years of not speaking, I forget it all. That kinda shows that it's not the easiest language. Or at least, to me. :scree:
It’s not the easiest but to me it’s definitely not the hardest either :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Boyo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread