My Love for Commentary Channels has Shifted (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So for the longest time, I would really enjoy commentators like


where they talk a bunch about stuff and kind of just go on and on.
I used to think it was really hilarious and fun.
But now I have a hard time getting through commentary videos that are like this one.

I think I've moved to moreso enjoying commentaries
that are still humorous but also a bit more critical


He'll make comments on the directing, the world's inconsistencies
and seems to critique this content while also enjoying it.

I didn't realize this happened until I tried watching a Trin video recently
and got frustrated by it. Then was like fuck it. I'll watch Dylan.
And then I liked it a bunch.

Has your taste changed at all? Or what do you prefer in your commentators?

​
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I prefer more analysis based, with formal education in the topic
I know it comes off as elitist, but there's only so much you can learn purely online, and commentators with more formal education in the field can offer a lot more info
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I prefer more analysis based, with formal education in the topic
I know it comes off as elitist, but there's only so much you can learn purely online, and commentators with more formal education in the field can offer a lot more info
I think Dylan actually has some knowledge with film because he'll make comments about the frames and set up of scenes and I think that's why I enjoy him. He also doesn't talk over every scene which makes it so you can see more of the film he's talking about too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread