My mum asked me today: "Is Yoohyeon gay?" (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
My mother likes Dreamcatcher and I showed her Yoohyeon's 'Perfect' cover of Ed Sheeran and when Yoohyeon sang the 'I found a girl' part, my mum said 'Is she gay?' and I said 'No, she's not, why do you ask?' then she said "Because she said 'I found a girl' and then I said "They like to keep the gender pronouns'. Then she listened to the rest of the song and then she said she really liked it.
I then said that 'I don't think she's gay but it's very possible she is bisexual' and then told her how accepting they all are of the LGBTQ community and told her what Yoohyeon said in an interview when she corrected the interviewer that she didn't just like men but all kinds of hardworking people.

Then my mum said, "Yeah, I thought so" lol but she didn't seem to bothered by it and understood when I was discussing that they were all accepting to the LGBT community to her.

Before she hasn't really been for the LGBT community as she has made some comments when she's seen two women or two men kissing on tv, so this is a step in the right direction for my mother.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
wow I am loving this for you. it really is the right direction
 
  • Love
Reactions: spicy_illusion
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
wow I am loving this for you. it really is the right direction
Yeah, I was nervous about even saying that she's probably bisexual because I don't know how she will react.

Before, she's literally said 'eww' to two girls kissing, but she hasn't said that for a while now and she has watched Game of Thrones and Atypical where there are LGBT characters in them and wasn't as grossed out about it
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, I was nervous about even saying that she's probably bisexual because I don't know how she will react.

Before, she's literally said 'eww' to two girls kissing, but she hasn't said that for a while now and she has watched Game of Thrones and Atypical where there are LGBT characters in them and wasn't as grossed out about it
progress is definitely good. glad it has been that way for you
 
  • Love
Reactions: spicy_illusion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread