- Joined
- 27 August 2018
- Messages
- 71,398
- Reactions Received
- 151,411
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 129,603
- Fandom
- Lex stan
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
Today, I decided to get turnips at the grocery store to make pickled turnips. I never got them before because I didn’t know how I’d use them. So I went to the store and looked at the container under the purple turnip label. I decided purple turnips should be fine for what I need. I was a little confused at their resemblance to beets, but was like hey, they both come from the ground, the label says purple turnips, I guess they just look similar. Then looked for beets sold not in bunches, which I didn’t find, only as bunches. Also saw giant purple radishes and was like eww radishes and social distanced from them because I hate radishes. Then I got home, cut the end off of one of the turnips, and realized that the reason they looked so much like beets, was because they were beets
Crazy right. And now I looked up what purple turnips look like and have realized that the large purple radishes I saw were probably in fact purple turnips, not big purple radishes. A+ work here am I right? So now I’m making pickled beets instead. Hopefully they’re good at least 