My opinion on Park Jihoon's solo debut mini-album O'CLOCK (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The Beginning Of... really has a very nice sound to it as an album intro. It's a great song for slow days, Park Ji Hoon is an undisputed amazing vocalist. Good intro. 9 out of 10.

US is such an intriguing track. It really goes nowhere throughout the entire song, with the exception of added elements through the second verse. But I like it that way. The chorus is a bit annoying, but overall it's a good composition. 7 out of 10.

L.O.V.E is an amazing title track. I love everything about this song. It is very well produced, the piano is gorgeous, Jihoon complements it beautifully. I also love that the notes of instrumental and vocals are exactly the same for the important sections. My favourite part is the chorus. It develops so nicely, with a weird EDM background that works really well. I just wish chorus was a bit more eventful with lyrics. Didn't really like the vocal/rap wannabe part that followed, but that quickly faded away with Jihoon's pre-chorus melodic voice. Great track, minus the rap-wannabe part. He should really stay away from rap. 9 out of 10.

Would You is such a great finger-snapping chill bop. I love slight jazz in k-pop tracks. It's simple, has a single piano sample going throughout the entire song but it is not too annoying, it fits. Great song for mood brighting. 10 out of 10.

Moon is a great track. Reminds me of early Shinhwa and SS501 and that's always good. It's well-composed, even with all the BPM changes throughout. They are subtle and placed well. Vocal delivery is flawless, as expected. I really enjoy the culmination after the bridge, it gives the song that extra "oomph" that I waited for. 10 out of 10.

Young 20 clearly shows the talentry of Mr. Lee Daehwi. It is such a good composition. For some reason I think the vocals are in a slightly lower key than they should originally be. Also, this song leans too much into Jihoon's rap career which I told him to stay away. 10 for the composition, 9 for the vocals, 5 for the rap. Total 8 out of 10.

TOTAL: 8.83 - rated similary as: JBJ95 - AWAKE (8.8)
 
Last edited:

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
4,311
Reactions Received
20,315
Location
sin & moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
also my fav song from the album, and everglow's debut album
wow, I have a thing for celestial object-named tracks huh
Me too, Moon is also my favorite in Everglow's album <33

And my favorite song of all time is Sun & Moon by NCT :maheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Pigeon and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Me too, Moon is also my favorite in Everglow's album <33

And my favorite song of all time is Sun & Moon by NCT :maheart:
I was going to say that deserves a follow for TASTE but I already stan lmao <3
:maheart:

sun and moon rank up there in fav nct 127 songs (I legit only stan 127)
OMG WE HAVE SO MUCH TASTE!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yolks

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
LOL THANK YOU :pandalove:

you're the one with so much taste tho
:queen:
:queen:
this site can't even comprehend how much taste we have

:pandalove:
random question: why did you apply for awards/translation team?
in the future, as I get more involved with this wonderful site, maybe I'd apply, but I'm kinda scared to lol

also the colors of your banners are absolutely perfect together
pastel beauties omg
:pandalove:
 

Yolks

✦ Hwang Hyunjin ✦
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
4,311
Reactions Received
20,315
Location
sin & moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
:queen:
this site can't even comprehend how much taste we have

:pandalove:
random question: why did you apply for awards/translation team?
in the future, as I get more involved with this wonderful site, maybe I'd apply, but I'm kinda scared to lol

also the colors of your banners are absolutely perfect together
pastel beauties omg
:pandalove:
We have too much taste :dab:

I applied for awards team because I love making badges & I really wanted to help others make them as well. Awarding the badges to users and other tasks like those were a bonus, and it turns out to be really fun! It’s a task I’ve always wanted to do. Honestly, I’m so proud of how our awards team have come & am happy to see the badges that we and users contributed in the forums everywhere \o/ Plus, the site was super new at the time, and I applied immediately because I wanted to help the forum expand.

As for translations, I’m korean who is living in the US, so I thought it would just be helpful if I could translate korean whenever people need it. Anyone is free to ask me any questions they have, but I haven’t done any official translations yet T^T

Please don’t be scared to apply in the future; you have the qualities to make a wonderful staff member! Plus, you’re already an amazing addition to the forums^^

And thank you so much <33 I personally am in love with the colors of my banners as well :pandalove:
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
We have too much taste :dab:

I applied for awards team because I love making badges & I really wanted to help others make them as well. Awarding the badges to users and other tasks like those were a bonus, and it turns out to be really fun! It’s a task I’ve always wanted to do. Honestly, I’m so proud of how our awards team have come & am happy to see the badges that we and users contributed in the forums everywhere \o/ Plus, the site was super new at the time, and I applied immediately because I wanted to help the forum expand.

As for translations, I’m korean who is living in the US, so I thought it would just be helpful if I could translate korean whenever people need it. Anyone is free to ask me any questions they have, but I haven’t done any official translations yet T^T

Please don’t be scared to apply in the future; you have the qualities to make a wonderful staff member! Plus, you’re already an amazing addition to the forums^^

And thank you so much <33 I personally am in love with the colors of my banners as well :pandalove:
that's so sweet omg <3
it's like a dream come true, you do the thing you enjoy

oh, that's nice! I didn't know you were korean lol

:pandalove:
you are the sweetest person ever omg
:llama_blush:

they look amazing on you <3
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yolks
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Ok but is it just me or did he look super Japanese in the mv?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Yolks and kuro
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: kuro

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread